From Nebraska to Denton...- Mtbr.com
    SS in CO

From Nebraska to Denton...

so, my wife got accepted to school at UNT in Denton and I'm wondering about good shops in the area. we're from Lincoln, NE right now and I know squat about Denton and the DFW area. we'll be moving in the next few months (as soon as I find a job!) so if anyone from down there has some insight to the good shops are it would be much appreciated!
    are you a bike shop owner? or a custom builder? I want to talk to you about your website

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson44
    so, my wife got accepted to school at UNT in Denton and I'm wondering about good shops in the area. we're from Lincoln, NE right now and I know squat about Denton and the DFW area. we'll be moving in the next few months (as soon as I find a job!) so if anyone from down there has some insight to the good shops are it would be much appreciated!

I only know of 2 shops in Denton and neither is great...but the DFW area has plenty of LBSs, some bigger chain stores like richardson bike mart, and a couple of performance stores (now in Fort Worth...coming soon to Plano). Check out www.dorba.org and www.dirtdawgs.org for local riding/racing information. You can usually find a day or night ride between the two sites.

Jun 2005

Local Denton Bike Shop

Support BikeOrama, they are a local shop, owned and run by riders. They ride everything from Road bikes and Fixed Gear racers to DH and 20" BMX. The guys are great, and will do anything they can to help.

That can't be said about most of the larger DFW shops.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    welcome... I used to live in Omaha (La Vista to be exact if you are familiar with Omaha burbs) and now live in McKinney. which is near Denton...

I do most of my own work but when I have to I go to plano cycling...not exactly close to denton but the techs there are very cool even after finding out I'll never buy a complete bike there. A lot of folks like Mad Duck in Grapevine. It's a small shop but has a rabid following.

the dorba site mentioned earlier is your best resource for all things mtb in the area. There are a well maintained network of dorba trails and the forums are very active with local riders. DFW is kind of a roadie dominated area, but there are a good number of mtb'ers here!

mtbr member
    Just to add your close to Bar H. (A great park)
    St Jo, TX.

mtbr member
    Mad Duck
    Quote Originally Posted by Owler
    Do not dispute right of way with a tree.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    From Denton you can go south to Waco and ride Cameron Park or a little beyond that to BLORA in Belton.

Check out http://www.austinbike.com for some trail info.

Members who have read this thread: 0