NE1 in Waco willing to give a Cameron Park trails tour 5/28/16?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013

NE1 in Waco willing to give a Cameron Park trails tour 5/28/16?

I'm heading to the Waco area so the In-Laws can visit with their grandchild and thinking about bringing my truck & bike to try out the trails at Cameron Park.

I had a BLAST a few months ago at O.P Schnabel / Leon Creek trails in San Antonio.

I'm not a very experienced rider on anything technical (I live on the coast), but my bike is more than capable.

I've seen a few video's on Youtube of people filming their trail rides and it looks like a pretty fun setup ya'll have up there.

If it rain's Thursday/Friday will it be dry enough to ride on Saturday?

If it's too wet I'm not even going to haul my bike up there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'm thinking that it's going to be too wet to ride based on the storm that just rolled through there. Besides, with this humidity Cameron park can be brutal.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    The humidity is a welcoming thing when I visit Waco (I live on the coast, less then a mile off Corpus Christi Bay) but wet trails = suckage IMHO so I'm just going to leave my truck and bike at home almost certainly.

The only time it's nice is when riding the beach as it helps keep the sand firm enough to run higher PSI (12-15psi) for lower rolling resistance.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    This morning, Waco received a good bit of rain & more is due tomorrow, I think? So, Cameron Park will definitely be muddy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    shank3r, any suggestions for places to ride in the Rockport/Corpus area? My dad lives in Rockport, and aside from riding the beach over on the island (fat bike) I'd like to maybe do some trails the next time I'm down there. Similarly, nothing overly technical.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    The only maintained trails in the Corpus area are Oso Creek trails on the south side of town, nothing overly technical but a few spots where they're swoopy and free flowing. It's a small park so only loops can really be ridden. LOTS of clay so it takes a 14 day precipitation free window to know they're dry. The worst part about them is the lack of shade so it gets hot. Mesquite trees just don't make for any shade.

Riding Mustang Island is tough. I recently rode all 18.2 miles of it and it's a true test of stamina/endurance.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    And Rockport has a few miles of wide cement hike/bike trails which are terrific for kids/family riding; but too slow/short for any type of workout.