MTB Rentals in San Antonio- Mtbr.com
    Cheney for Sith Lord '08

MTB Rentals in San Antonio

Well, I'm going back home to S.A. next week to see the family and need to rent a bike for my g.f. to ride with me.We've been dying to try out the new Gov't Canyon (since it's about a few hundred feet from my uncle's house....literally!), but all she has is her road bike.Ironically, that's all I've been able to find as far as bike rentals go.Hopefully someone can help me find a shop that rents mountain bikes around there, it'd be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance...

Matt
    R.I.P.-George Carlin

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ArroyoBomber
    Well, I'm going back home to S.A. next week to see the family and need to rent a bike for my g.f. to ride with me.We've been dying to try out the new Gov't Canyon (since it's about a few hundred feet from my uncle's house....literally!), but all she has is her road bike.Ironically, that's all I've been able to find as far as bike rentals go.Hopefully someone can help me find a shop that rents mountain bikes around there, it'd be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance...

Matt
    Call the guys at Ride Away.

http://rideawaybicycles.com/index.cfm

I beleive they rent, and they are on the NW side of town.

As far as Gov't Canyon goes, remember they are only open Friday thru Monday. Enjoy! The weather is perfect now.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I had a friend visit recently, and he rented the Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert for about $30-$40 per day, if I remember correctly, from Rideaway in Huebner Oaks. He was satisfied with the bike, although not jumping up and down about the performance.

We rode GC and it was a blast!

Cheney for Sith Lord '08
    Thanks again for the help Mojo.Unfortunately, everything was rained out when I went, but I did check in with Ride Away.Just for the record, rates were $30 a day for rentals, which is CRAZY cheap IMO.Around here (Vegas) it's usually closer to $50-$75 a day.They were also very helpful as well as forthcoming about the trails being rained out by previous days' storms despite "losing" business by saying so.It's ok though, I'm going back in June and plan on dropping back by there for my rental ...and I WILL finally ride GC, as well as (hopefully) Tapatio!
    R.I.P.-George Carlin

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ArroyoBomber
    Thanks again for the help Mojo.Unfortunately, everything was rained out when I went, but I did check in with Ride Away.Just for the record, rates were $30 a day for rentals, which is CRAZY cheap IMO.Around here (Vegas) it's usually closer to $50-$75 a day.They were also very helpful as well as forthcoming about the trails being rained out by previous days' storms despite "losing" business by saying so.It's ok though, I'm going back in June and plan on dropping back by there for my rental ...and I WILL finally ride GC, as well as (hopefully) Tapatio!

yea, it has been wet the past week and a half. Prior to that the weather was PERFECT...

Anyway feel free to post up when you are going to be back this way. Perhaps I could ride the Gov't Cheese with you.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Members who have read this thread: 0