• 09-20-2010
    sherpa2000
    Mtb Rental and Ride Dallas
    Hey guys,
    I'm coming down to Dallas on Sept 27th-Oct 5th for work. 2 Questions..Where Can I rent a highend MTB and where should I ride. Thanks, I hear the mountainbiking is great, so i'm looking forward to shredding.
  • 09-21-2010
    madsedan
    Richardson Bike Mart at Campbell and Coit in Richardson rents nice stuff, and they apply the full amount of the rental towards bike purchase. I was able to get my daughter a helmet with my rent credit after renting a bike for my kid to try.
  • 09-21-2010
    clewttu
  • 09-22-2010
    sherpa2000
    Thankyou!
  • 09-28-2010
    hammy35
    Where are you staying and what type of trails do you like to ride?
  • 09-28-2010
    sherpa2000
    I'm staying across the street from cowboy stadium. Basically I like all types trails. I'd like to ride the best of what Dallas/Fort Worth has to offer.
  • 09-28-2010
    hammy35
    mountainbiketx.com - trails, maps, info
    dorba2.com - trails, region map, forum (hook up with other riders)
    Check the conditions, we had some pretty heavy rain over the weekend. Hopefully it will dry in time.

First and foremost, ride Big Cedar Wilderness Trail. Probably the closest thing to a de facto "best trail in dfw".

Here are other trails I like - others will chime in; ride what fits your schedule. Rush hour traffic sucks during the week:
    Oak Cliff
    Boulder
    Northshore

I haven't ridden these but hear good things:
    Sansom
    Solavaca Ranch
  • 09-28-2010
    sherpa2000
    Thanks Hammy, looks like Big Cedar is closed right now. I'll try northshore if Big cedar is not dry by then. I just put a bike on hold at Richardson, so i'm good to go. I wish I could stay on for the race Big Cedar on the 9th.
  • 10-03-2010
    sherpa2000
    big thumbs up on richardson bike mart, wow that place is huge and the customer service was great.

So i rode a hardtail trek 6700, went out a little hard and blew a tube a mile in. Got it sorted and took it east and enjoyed the pavement like trail. sooo fast!

i'm goint to try Oak Cliff Nature preserve in the morning.
  • 10-04-2010
    sooner518
    Northshore is the best trail in DFW as far as Im concerned. Oak Cliff is fun as well