MTB rental in Carrollton, TX- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

MTB rental in Carrollton, TX

Any recommendations on places to rent mid-upper end MTBs in May?

Thanks!

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    Bicycle Exchange
    (972) 245-5510
    1305 S Broadway St, Carrollton, TX

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Ha! Where is there to ride in Carrollton? My gf family is from there and when we're up there, I'd love to go do some riding that is actually worth paying to rent a bike for! Ofcourse, I'll be on my own rig though.
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xterrain
    Ha! Where is there to ride in Carrollton? My gf family is from there and when we're up there, I'd love to go do some riding that is actually worth paying to rent a bike for! Ofcourse, I'll be on my own rig though.
    This should answer your question
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Well, the bike is more of a bridge between training sessions. We are coming in from South Korea for my brother in law's wedding. We will be there over two weekends and want to spin the legs a bit. I'll just be coming off the Tour of Korea and the legs will be a bit wombly. A low pressure few days on a bike will be just what the Dr. ordered.
    All the rest of the time we will be eating your BBQ and drinking your beer and I do intend to drain the state dry.

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    I'm sorry, I'm FR/DH, so I immediately forget that XC exists all over the state. Cool, Korea ia fun country. I used to live in Deagu...back when it was Teagu, LOL. Good luck draining the state dry; down here in San Marcos I doubt I'll even feel the dent you make while I drink the local stouts.
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

mtbr member
    FR/DH+DFW = Does Not Compute

plenty of fun trails, but not much of that kind of stuff in the DFW metro.

mtbr member
    Is there FR/DH in San Marcos?

I've been riding the Grapevine North Shore, and that is a badass trail. That's something to be proud of I would say. Depending on the lines you pick, you could actually justify a 6 inch AM bike. I've been riding my Enduro and really enjoy it.

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    I ride a 160mm Norco hardtail...most of us in San Marcos ride long travel hardtails here. The campus has a full on urban downhill line we ride pretty much nightly, and the surrounding hills have some small lesser known bits of singletrack with some nice 4-10 foot drops cleverly thrown in. We're also waiting on clearance from the SMGA to start work on the San Marcos North Shore...shouldn't be more than another week or two before we start construction.

I've heard the Grapevine NS is pretty dope; I'll have to make it up there this next week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518
    FR/DH+DFW = Does Not Compute

plenty of fun trails, but not much of that kind of stuff in the DFW metro.
    Not much, but there is something...a.k.a. Big Cedar Wilderness Trails
    Pedigre

Members who have read this thread: 0