Moving to Dallas from Austin- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Moving to Dallas from Austin

For all of the people that I have met on the trails and great people at the shops a big thanks, go toy you guy's. I have had soo much fun on these trails. My wife and I are looking at moving to the Dallas area soon from Austin. She is a Registered Architect and I am a Personal Trainer.
    I would like to know if anyone has some suggestions on other House listings besides using the mls.
    I would like to be in the Richardson area and will stay away from the DISD are.
    Any suggestions would be great. Also where are there local trails around that are not golf Courses. I think I might get some good looks from people with me and my bike riding aroud the 17th. Really I dont get golf I dont see it as a sport. Which shops should I look at to maintain my Nomad? Grouprides. Do they happen often here?
    Thanks,
    Mctigre

Code Burr
    Welcome up, but youre going to hate it. DFDub sucks compared to Austin. If you are like me and ride a lot, i'd look for a house in Flower Mound or Grapevine, to stay close to the trails. We have a good group ride at Northshore every Weds or Thurs night. Richardson is close to Arbor Hills, Erwin Park, and RCP which are all decent trails but you'd probably consider them golf courses. Especially if you are used to riding City Park or BCGB. If you like that style Isle Du Bois isnt too far of a drive. Plano cycling is a decent shop. Shoot me a pm if your in the area.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    There are some good trail aroung the DFW area, the only problem is that you have to spend an hour driving to them. Some of my favorites are:
    The Breaks at Bar H
    Cleburne SP
    Dinosaur Valley SP
    Sansom Park in FTW is pretty good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    two more up and coming trails are Gateway pk. in Ft Worth and Big Cedar in Dallas. Both have as much elevation change as you will find anywhere in DFW and best of all they are very close to town with GW being pretty much right downtown.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks yall.
    When do people tend to ride. I have been solo for soo long it would be nice to ride with some people to show me the places and learn some skills.
    Thanks,
    Michael

Code Burr
    Quote Originally Posted by stgo2019
    There are some good trail aroung the DFW area, the only problem is that you have to spend an hour driving to them. Some of my favorites are:
    The Breaks at Bar H
    Cleburne SP
    Dinosaur Valley SP
    Sansom Park in FTW is pretty good.
    My list

1. Dino Valley, Cleburne, Solavaca (Do all 3 in a weekend)
    2. Isle Du Bois
    3. North Shore
    4. Bar H (lotta climbing, hardest trail i've ever done DBB)
    5. Sansom
    6. Tyler SP
    7. Boulder
    8. Knob Hill(Fun at night)
    10. RCP(ditto)

Solavaca and Bar H are private owned and good places to camp without rangers. In fact you could probably live at Bar H for a week and go unnoticed.

Michael, a good group of guys with a non race pace ride every Wed, Thurs around 6 at North Shore and on weekends we usually hit the road for IDB, JB, Sansom, or even Dino Valley for morning rides. Its going to be 100 degrees tomorrow around 6. So AM or 6pm is mandatory. North Shore on Wed or Th around 6 @ Madd shelter, there's 2 or 3 groups that go the left(technical) and right(not technical). We go left and break it in right. Tons of people to ride with.
    Last edited by thebronze; 06-23-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0