memorial park Houston- Mtbr.com

Aug 2006

memorial park Houston

does anybody no if memorial downtown is still alive havent been there in years

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I assume you mean the trials at memorial park...they are still open, although I have not been there in years (and hear they have changed mucho). I think HAMBRA may maintain trails and whether open or not. I assume someone else on this board can give you more info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    They are still there but many of the best trails are now off limits to bikes. The trails have been off limits for going on 6 years now with the city/parks dept promising all that time to open new trails. Well they haven't so I say screw 'em, ride the closed stuff all you want since the city is giving us the shaft anyway. FYI, HAMBRA and MPMBA merged to form GHORBA which now organizes trail maintenance (www.ghorba.org).

mtbr member
    May 2006

the Ant Hills....

are much more fun anyway!!!

mtbr member
    Memorial is still alive and kicking. As mentioned there are a few less trails than there used to be but GORBA did get the triangle trail re-opened last year.

For inner loop riding its still a fun place.

Ant Hills are also fun.

Aug 2006
    does memorial have any freeride/dh-ish terrain???

mtbr member
    No. DH pretty much does not exist in Houston....to flat. There are maybe 4 or 5 places on the trails that you can hit pretty hard and catch some air but nothing too major.

The best you are going to get is some pretty good dirt jumping at the Ant Hills or Urban riding downtown.

Members who have read this thread: 0