• 10-23-2006
    ALFRED
    Memorial Park, Houston *VIDEO*
    Hey guys, went to Memorial this afternoon (yellow trail) to try my rigged up camera mount on the back of my bike (mounted on seatpost; see pic). It just needs some adjustments but other than that, I think its ok. Tell me what you think!:thumbsup:

https://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=MVI_0001.flv

• 10-23-2006
    crazy Jim
    pretty much the most boreing stretch of trail I've ever seen.

aim the camera a bit higher and have the guy behind follow a bit closer and hit some interesting trails.....
  • 10-23-2006
    ALFRED
    crazyjim - sorry, im just a beginner. not really into hardcore jumps and what not. like i said about the adjustments, it needs to be fixed. thanks for the comment.
  • 10-24-2006
    byronmoore
    good concept but yeh aim higher and make your friend put on a godzilla costume next time. The only trail around houston I would try to shoot that would look half interesting would be Jack Brooks. Nice rolling hills with a hint of danger.
  • 10-24-2006
    ALFRED
    I'm sure i'll get the angle right next time I head out. It was just a quick test to see if it was stable enough to hold the camera.

Never been to Jack Brooks but i've heard good things about it. I'm sure as I ride more i'll be going all over Houston. Only had the bike a couple of months and so far it's been a blast. I'm not a good rider at all but it's all about having fun.

Thanks for looking!
  • 10-24-2006
    kpomtb
    Pretty good for the first try with an "experimental" mount. I'm impressed with the stability of the image from a mount directly on the bike. Most of the trail video I've seen was shot using helmet mounted cameras. I would have thought that direct mounting on the bike would have been too jarring on the camera, but it seems to be working pretty well. Work out the angles, and you're there. :thumbsup:

And for what it's worth, I like to see what trails are like in different areas. It's nice to see some trails with shade, and no cactus for a change.
  • 10-24-2006
    ALFRED
    kpomtb - i was surprised on the stability of the mount as well. the reason for all of this was to show my friends back home (philippines) what i've been doing lately when i go riding. they ride as well back there so i just wanted to share what the trails looked like here in houston. they've seen pictures but i dont think you could beat a video coverage of your rides.

anyhow, thanks for the kind words. will post up some more videos after we ride tomorrow morning. i added another bracket so the mount wouldn't shift left or right. will find out tomorrow if it works.
  • 10-25-2006
    Product
    thanks for sharing! been wanting to know how Memorial was. looks like a nice relaxing trail.
  • 10-25-2006
    ALFRED
    Product - it is a relaxing trail for a beginner like me. we usually hit the yellow and blue trails. you should try it out. where do you usually go?
  • 10-26-2006
    XC Dawg
    cool vid, I thought for sure MP would be too wet to ride with the rain we've had here lately but it looks dry enough. Thanks for sharing, I love that place
  • 10-26-2006
    BBW
    awesome!!
    where did you get this camera mount? what camera are you using? camcorder or digital camera?
    :thumbsup:
  • 11-15-2006
    ALFRED
    BBW - i borrowed this camera mount from my brother. He does track days on his motorcycle and it actually has another attachment that mounts on his gas cap. I dont really know where he got it from. The clamps mounted on the seatpost are from the refelctors that came with our bike. I was using a Canon S50 digital camera. We have other videos on www.video.google.com that has longer footages. Just type Alfredous and there should be 4 clips. The canon that I have stops taking videos at 3mins unlike the sony camera that my brother has.

Thanks!!