McCalister park San Antonio- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

McCalister park San Antonio

Heading up to SA for a day of riding. Anyone have any input on this park? How much time should I dedicate to this place? Thanks

mtbr member
    If you are planning on doing just the main loop itself, it's only about a 5-6 mile ride, so probably about a half hour (per lap). There are plenty of in-between trails that stem off the main one which could give you plenty more miles.

If you are going to be there, you might as well hit Mud Creek, too, since it's about a mile or two down the road and offers some fun, winding singletrack. If you haven't been there, read our review to get a better idea of where to go to hit the good trails.

Check out MountainBikeTx.com for a review and a few photos of each. You would think living a few miles away I would have more pics on there...*jots down on to-do list*
    Pedigre

Jive Turkey
    I live near McAllister Park and ride there quite often. I have put together a 15 mile loop that I do all the time. I don't ride the same trail twice on my loop and it takes about an hour and a half to two hours to finish. The tangle of trails there can be confusing, but if you know the trails you can actually put together some pretty decent rides.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    McA is pretty nice. I say stay away from O.P. That place makes me think somebody is filming a commercial for Kmart bikes.
    Get on your bikes and ride!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    My thoughts on the park are positive. First, I must say that this was my initial ride on a trail. Here in Corpus Christi we do not have anything like McAlister park. We loved the time spent their. The wildlife was more than I could imagine. There were so many deer, I kept looking for Santa. My wife doesn't ride so she enjoyed the tranquillity the park offered but my son (7 years old) and I really had a great time. We are not sure where to go next, but we are definitely researching places to go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysly
    We are not sure where to go next, but we are definitely researching places to go.
    Then have I got a website for you
    Pedigre

mtbr member
    McAlister is excellent trail-wise. Plenty of paved and unpaved. Good for all different riding ability levels. When my wife and I lived in SA we rode there daily and never got bored. Great location and plenty of parking. Never too crowded either. There used to be quite a bit more trail system but it wound up being taken over and developed. Watch out after rains, though, as the trails turn into peanut butter quickly and take a long time to dry out.

Jan 2009
    I am a big fan of McAlister.

Definitely a fun place to ride.

Mar 2009
    McAlister RULES!!!

Jon,
    California Vacations

Mar 2009
    Ohhhh did I tell you how much we love McAlister??!!**
    Ride On!!

San Antonio Tours

Members who have read this thread: 0