love that greenbelt mud!- Mtbr.com

Apr 2006

love that greenbelt mud!

asdfh
    Last edited by airrick; 11-01-2006 at 05:06 PM.

Apr 2006
    and ya i need fenders

Apr 2006
    and in no way did i harm the trails, i made sure of that

Mtc
    mtbr member
    Come on man
    It is illegal to ride the trail for 24 hours after it rains punishable by a $200 fine(the park dept can't hit all the gates everytime and seldomly update thier answering machine). And that mud your photographing will never be on our(not your) trail again. You know how when you ride from Zilker to the first creek crossing it is a 2 mile long rock garden? Thats because people have ridden the trail when its wet for 20 years, it used to be a dirt trail. Austin is huge and we have limited trails if you don't change your habits we could lose them. ATX trails don't handle traffic well when wet like other parts of the country.
    When I started riding I used to do the same thing. Now I look back and think how ignorant I was. Please do the MTB community a favor and don't go out in those conditions or we could lose our trails. When it rains and I'm jonesen for a ride I hit the park hike and bike networks(there are tons) and do some campus riding and around town.
    Man enjoy the trails just resist when its wet. Bad news is we are expecting a very wet winter so brace yourself.
    I'm not trying to attack you here, just bluntly laying down the facts.

formerly "nandomax"
    I'm with Mtc here. Save yourself the fender $. BTW, you're also trashing your bike's drivetrain.

mtbr member
    I was just sitting back and waiting for all the MoJo'ers to jump in here and bash you. I saw it coming.

Next time, just drive out to Muleshoe. It seems to dry very quickly.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtc
    You know how when you ride from Zilker to the first creek crossing it is a 2 mile long rock garden? Thats because people have ridden the trail when its wet for 20 years, it used to be a dirt trail.
    While I agree with your stance on riding wet trails, I disagree with what I quoted above. The COA has been working the sewage pipes under the trail for the last four or five years and made it a cobbled road in order to drive their trucks in and out. That did the most damage.

D

Apr 2006
    i apologize for my ignorant idiocricy, will NEVER happen again

In exile
    If the gates are open and the hotline says ride, the dude can ride. Perhaps it's not the smartest, but if it's open, it's open.

You should yell at me for riding non-published trails. That would help our cause too.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by loco-gringo
    If the gates are open and the hotline says ride, the dude can ride. Perhaps it's not the smartest, but if it's open, it's open.

You should yell at me for riding non-published trails. That would help our cause too.
    John,

There are several entrances to the BCGB, official and not, that have no gates. I have no idea where he started his ride, either.

D

Apr 2006
    fwiw i started at the camp craft entrance (its official), stayed for the most part on the rocks

Members who have read this thread: 0