Looking for help with Walnut Creek- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Looking for help with Walnut Creek

Hey everybody, I'll be in Austin from Feb 14th thru the 17th and am dying to try Walnut Creek. Work trip so I can't bring my bike and was wondering if there was a place to rent one or if anyone would be willing to show me around with a loaner. I live in New York and the opportunity to ride on dirt as opposed to snow is very tempting!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Wish i had a loaner for ya man. But i found this:

http://bicyclesportshop.com/articles...als-pg1450.htm

You might be able to hook up with these guys: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=681638

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the info, I'll check them out. What time is it getting dark down there? Thinking about bringing my light

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    It gets dark a little after 6:00. Go to www.bikemojo.com and post up over there in the Austin Voodoo section. They do a weekly Tuesday ride at Walnut after work and then gather and drink beer afterwards in the p-lot (Ride and Imbibe aka R&I). Friendly bunch.

BSS does rent bikes but hopefully someone can hook you up at the R&I. I'd show you around but am heading out to San Jose for the week on the 14th.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Wish I could help you out too, but I'll be gone as well! If all else fails you can rent a bike at bicycle sport shop or mellow johnnies. Best of luck with the ride, it's a nice flowy, fun trail that anyone can ride. And definitely bring your light!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    thanks for the info, I'll post over there and see what happens. Been a long cold winter!

Members who have read this thread: 0