Leon Creek Questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Leon Creek Questions

I don't get over to that side of town very often, but was over that way for Easter and stopped off and rode Leon Creek.

I started at Bamberger and rode through there and the bird sanctuary before hitting Leon Creek. I rode to Bandera and back up through Bamberger again about 14 miles total.

I couldn't tell if the trails picked back up past Bandera Rd or not. I rode the path for a bit, but couldn't find any trails leading back into the creek.

Question: Do the trails at Leon Creek go all the way to Ingram or is it just the paved path? And if so, where past Bandera can you get back on trails?

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    There are SOME trails past Bandera going toward Ingram Mall. I've found a few but not too many. I'm sure there are quite a bit. After all Devil's Den is back that way.

Between the Bird Sanctuary and Bandera can get you about 14+miles of trails. From the top of OP down and back up can get you an additional 6+miles. There's more stuff out there but I tend to pick my favorites and ride them over and over.

Members who have read this thread: 0