The Hub, San Marcos, TX. PROBLEMS...- Mtbr.com
    Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008

Upset The Hub, San Marcos, TX. PROBLEMS...

$50 to 'fully build' my Norco...that I had already built up at my house. Everything was tight and the only problem I had was some dragging on the front rotor; the bike ran fine, shifted perfectly, and was otherwise, awesome.

So $50 later, my $2,300 Norco Rampage has a scratched frame, scratched fork, and scratched rear derailleur and wont stay in gear and the rear brake rotor drags.

What they told me upon 'delivery' was:

"We spent about 3 1/2 hours making sure everything was tightened up...the rotors were loose and the the rotors were actually warped...We can only do so much bending...you'll have some rotor drag in the rear until they break in completely...etc. etc."

So I ride it out the door because I had work the next morning, I immediately turned around about 20 feet out the door because I noticed my handlebars were way out of alignment. So I go back and make him re-align the bars...he says "well its an easy adjustment."

Then this morning I look at it and see the damages and rode it down the block...oh my god it sucks! Im pissed, but Im going to be calm and collected about it and give them another chance to right their wrongs and take care of me and my bike. I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow.
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    that sucks; be sure and pen a scathing review in the bike shop review forum here on MTBR; sure sounds like a shop I'd want to throw a brick through the front door.

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    I ended up letting them keep my money because they are the ONLY shop downtown that I can ride by on the way to the trails...but I did have to have my friend bring his stand over and retool the whole bike. It took about 45 minutes [and my friend is a great builder] it was so out of wack.
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

Members who have read this thread: 0