Houston LBSs

Printable View

• 07-03-2010
    CT3
    Houston LBSs
    Does anyone know of any shops that will price match? looking to get rockshox recon race solo air. Wheelworld.com a lbs in la has it for a good price
  • 07-03-2010
    alexrex20
    typically, only the franchises and chain stores (performance bike, REI, sun/ski, target, sports authority, etc.) will price match. the privately owned bike shops will be more firm with their pricing, but at the same time they will also be the most negotiable. they'll be the only shops that will work with you on the price.

in no specific order, my favorite bike shops are

Blue Line Bike Laboratory
    Daniel Boone Cycles
    West End Cycles
    Urban Bike Gallery
    Bike Lane

if you can't get anyone to price match, email wheelworld.com and see if they will ship to you.
  • 07-03-2010
    Pedigre
    I doubt anyone is going to match wheelworld.com's sale price, regardless of whether it's matching or negotiating; though it never hurts to ask and the non-chain LBS' MIGHT drop their price a little. Otherwise, the question is do you feel comfortable enough to order from some shop in CA?
  • 07-03-2010
    CT3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedigre
    I doubt anyone is going to match wheelworld.com's sale price, regardless of whether it's matching or negotiating; though it never hurts to ask and the non-chain LBS' MIGHT drop their price a little. Otherwise, the question is do you feel comfortable enough to order from some shop in CA?

I don't mind ordering it from there are a bunch of bad reviews for the shop but also some good ones here on mtbr
  • 07-04-2010
    Killertofu
    dumb question from the newb. whats an LBS? local bike shop?
  • 07-04-2010
    Pedigre
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Killertofu
    dumb question from the newb. whats an LBS? local bike shop?

:thumbsup:
  • 07-09-2010
    Killertofu
    okay well my preferred local bike shop is Better Bikes in atascocita. they're super friendly awesome dudes and there's zero pressure to spend dollars on stuff ya dont need. i went in knowing nothing, got a specialized rockhopper base model, and am totally happy with a bike that is more machine than i can use (for now). they'd prolly let ya haggle, everyone does, but i didn't try. the customer service is worth a little extra to me.
  • 07-17-2010
    CT3
    just to update about ordering from wheelworld.com i ended ordering it on july 4th, shipped out july 6th. and arrived july 9th. when i called to verify my order the person on the other end knew my order right away as he said he had just packed it. i thought i had paid for 5day shipping but they bumped it up to 3day for an extra 9dollars without my knowledge that would be my only gripe but ended up with this

overall a pretty good experience
  • 07-17-2010
    alexrex20
    you should've told them to refund you the $9 because you authorized no upgrade in shipping.
  • 07-17-2010
    CT3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alexrex20
    you should've told them to refund you the $9 because you authorized no upgrade in shipping.

so i decided to check up on this, the cc receipt that was sent to me said it charged 311.xx, but i just checked my account at wheelworld it said 302.98 and then checked my cc statement and it was only charged 302.98 so it seems that i may have lied. it looks like a free upgrade to 3day shipping so :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to wheelworld.com would recommend at this point in time
  • 07-18-2010
    alexrex20
    can't go wrong there!

i ordered my frame from an out-of-state bike store. they messed up my order, but i'm not going to complain. they gave me a '10 frame, instead of an '08 closeout, and also in the color that i really wanted! :D