Houston Dowtown Assault, Sunday 7/9- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

Houston Dowtown Assault, Sunday 7/9

Hey there. Just joined in the mtbr forums today. I'm planning on some urban freeride on Sunday morning say 8ish/9ish in downtown Houston. Trying to get some other guys together as well. If interested, meet at Wortham Theatre between 8 and 9 AM. I'll be riding a black Felt hucker bike. My name is Greg, pleasure to meet ya!

Jan 2006
    see u sunday, i will be there

Jul 2006
    I must have missed you Sunday. I was at Wortham about 8:20ish. Was supposed to have several others meeting there also but no one showed. I hung around for a while, then rode off for a few minutes, the returned. I kept going back to Wortham every few minutes but no one ever showed up. We'll have to set a date for another day.

Jun 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm

Well, that sucks. Let me know when you are thinking of doing the next ride.

h-town hucker
    hey greg... last friday was pretty fun. wish you could've been there. im learning more and more each time it ride(street or dirt)

oh... anyone... are there any other spots in houston to do some street riding???

Jul 2006
    It all depends.....where do you live? Do you have a car or are you looking for something you can ride to?

There are spots everywhere in this town. Downtown just happens to be super fun because there are many good spots concentrated in one area. You just have to look for stuff. The bayous are great places with all the concrete enbankments and lips. You just have to go out and look for the stuff. I just look out the window as I drive around and make mental notes of stuff I see. I then try to go back and hit it up. I found a spot at 59 & 610 that looked really fun but when I got there, it was not really rideable. Too steep of a transition and tons of glass everywhere. My idea of a street ride is just striking out on the bike and seeing what you can find. Sometimes you find a great little lip, sometimes you don't. With heavy rains predicted this week, won't be able to ride the dirt so maybe we can get another downtown assualt going this weekend.

Did you ride DT just this last Friday (the 21st) with a group of guys? Some of the guys I ride with were going down there.

Downtown, all along Allen Parkway and the parks and trails along there, the Galleria at night or early early morning because of traffic, some of the local malls have some good stuff, there is the Easy 7 - Watonga Skatepark...it's free and has the adjoining bayous, its located at 43rd street & Watonga just one block West of TC Jester, there are some fun places in and around Rice Village and West U, there are also several free skateparks around town, most of them are small but you can have some fun, Watonga is the largest and most fun. I'll try to find that link..search for Houston Parks and Rec Dept. and it will tell you where they are. Careful as a couple of them are in....ahem....not so nice areas.

h-town hucker
    um... its adam here. i went w/ jared, preston, AJ, and a few of jared's friends. there's nothing on the west side of town. except the free park at barker cypress, but i would rather not get a $200 fine.

Jul 2006
    Yeah, I wondered if that was you. With the sandy P1 and you saying you went Friday. Did you guys have a good ride and what were some of the highlights? Did you get to hit the wall ride stair thing at Biraperetti's?? Man I really wanted to go but Fridays are kind of a family night to hang out and watch movies and stuff. The wife is still a little miffed about our last Friday night excursion!! LOL! Heavy rains predicted for the next couple of days. Looks like we might be setting up another street ride if it stays wet. Man I was so stoked to hit up the big set at the bowl.

h-town hucker
    its was pretty fun. we did alot of stair gaps and ledges and only the wall ride at Tranquility Park. we hauled a$$ on the bayou and went all the way up the embankment as far as we could. and we flushed houston(its this red button that you press, and it makes the middle of the bayou "flush") its pretty cool i guess. we just made a big loop on the outskirts of downtown.

the big set roxors...

Members who have read this thread: 0