Houston area; looking for folks to ride with- Mtbr.com

Dec 2005

... and if we just ... Houston area; looking for folks to ride with

Hola muchachos,

Moved here from Florida about a month ago. Been so busy working that I haven't made time for riding in about as long; getting fat and sassy too. I've ridden the Bayou Trail and also a bit at Memorial Park. Riding alone is ok, but I'm a social kinda person, so I'd really like to meet up with some peeps that can show me the local trails.

Someone please, drag my fat [email protected]*! around the local trails.

Gracias!

i am, therefore, i ride
    check out the calendar and group rides at www.ghorba.org

What part of town are you at? Race season is upon us..... starting this weekend. Details: www.tmbra.org
    "Life is good..... enjoy it !!!!!"

Dec 2005

I live in the...

Copperfield area, between Barker Cypress and Hwy 6; north of I-10.
    What's the story on the trails at Cypresswood? Also, what's out in Conroe. I'm looking for some rolling single track mixed in with a few drops. I've heard about Rocky Hills, and I'll definitely be checking it out some time soom, but I'd really like to find something a bit closer.

Let me know

i am, therefore, i ride
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbker1224
    .....What's the story on the trails at Cypresswood? Also, what's out in Conroe. I'm looking for some rolling single track mixed in with a few drops. I've heard about Rocky Hills, and I'll definitely be checking it out......
    Cypresswood will officially be part of Collins Park soon. Dedication Day is scheduled for Oct 24th. Tight single track coupled with a few whoopity doos, sets of doubles at the Bowl Area but no serious drops. You will be disappointed if that's what you're looking for in H-town.

Carl Barton, Jr. Park in Conroe is flat and short loop. Rest of the trail still needs to be worked on. Huntsville State Park is rooty, sandy and fast. Jack Brooks Park is nice but quite a drive from Copperfield.

Since you've already been to Anthills, they're all pretty much the same. Trails in and around town's for XC riding. Fast, flowing single track. Austin has some of the nicest trails, best in Texas IMHO. Worth the drive if you're looking for some serious fun. Also, check out Cameron Park in Waco.
    "Life is good..... enjoy it !!!!!"

mtbr member
    And then there's also Huntsville State Park and Double Lake, near Cold Spring. It's a little bit of a drive from town but much closer than Rocky Hill.
    I'm Confused . . . Wait a Minute, No I'm Not . . .

Sep 2008
    Terry Hershey Park ain't bad. Just head down hw. 6 past I-10. Shortly after is memorial dr. and then a small parking lot on the right backing up to a big opening where you can see the resevoir. Theres a few other places you can park but thats the one I always use. Hop on your bike and take off. The good stuff is on the other side of HW6 so take the path under it. Take a few hours to explore. Its not that big and its pretty hard to get lost. Hope that helps!
    BTW that was the best place I found that was close to home. I live in Hearthstone so we're pretty close. Currently at school in Co. though...man the biking is so much better up here!

Members who have read this thread: 0