HELP! Can I ride at these grad school locations???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

HELP! Can I ride at these grad school locations???

So, mountain biking is definately one of my all time favorite activities! Along with snowboarding and playing guitar... I've lived in colorado (evergreen, and now boulder for college) since 5th grade and have been mountain biking ever since. I am applying to graduate school for Masters of Architecture in a couple months to begin school next fall. My biggest dillema is that my active lifestyle will suffer (to the best of my knowledge) due to the locations of the top programs I am applying to and ultimately planning on going to (at this point in time):

in order of preference:

Yale (New Haven, CT)
    Harvard (Cambridge, MA)
    Berkeley (Berkeley, CA)
    U of Washington (Seattle, WA)
    ASU (Tempe, AZ)
    UT Austin (Austin, TX)
    possibly Cornell (Ithica, NY)

I have some serious decisions to make in these next 2 months that will dictate my architecture career...

Obviosly I can ride at Berkeley and Washington, but I really have no idea about New Haven, Cambridge, Tempe, Austin, and Ithica. Please let me know what it is like at these places my fellow riders.... I am pretty hardcore into trail riding with lots of technical terrain, tight single track, high speeds, drops (up to 5 ft.), and high fun factors. I ride all over the colorado front range primarily, and moab is my mountain biking heaven. (I ride a Turner 5 spot)

First priority is to go to the best grad program I can get into, but god I want to be able to ride during the extremely small amount of free time I will have in order to keep myself sane. I'll be posting this in several forums for the most possible info I can muster up...

Please let me know what is out there....

Thanks!

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    The central Texas area has lots of riding, both public and private. You'll find everything from hardpacked fast trails to ledgy stuff (yes, even 5' high) to very technical embedded limestone trails.

Check out the trail reviews on this site for Barton Creek Greenbelt, City Park (aka Emma Long,) Walnut Creek, Rocky Hill Ranch, Goodwater Trail, and Madrone Trail. Madrone and RHR will probably be listed under Other.

Dewayne

mtbr member
    Central Texas Trail Info:

http://austinbike.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0