Hello, new to the forum- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Hello, new to the forum

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place (or in the beginners section)

I live in Tyler TX, I mostly ride in faulkner park and tyler state park

I had a specialized rockhopper bought here in tyler 2 years ago but only recently decided to start building some skills, one day (february 2010) I tried loop B in state park and got so frustrated with myself, decided to fix that. It has being a slow process plenty of spills, endos you know the drill.

I just got a new Yeti as-r it is sweet, yet I am still a n00b so I guess that makes me a Fred right?

Anyway I recommend faulkner park, its easy and loop C gets more technical only problem is that it gets too narrow and there are lots of blind corners

Happy trails to all!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Welcome Wallaby...you may want to post this thread in the Texas board. You'll get more responses there. Haven't been to Tyler yet, but I've been wanting to get out there for quite some time. I know what you mean though. Been biking a couple of years. Just recently got my first full-squishy. Building up the confidence takes time.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Welcome wallaby. Tyler State park is awesome. It's like at least a 3 hour drive so only been there once but it was fantastic. I think loop C is the trail with the climbs and switchbacks--very scenic.

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessKelli
    Welcome Wallaby...you may want to post this thread in the Texas board. You'll get more responses there. Haven't been to Tyler yet, but I've been wanting to get out there for quite some time. I know what you mean though. Been biking a couple of years. Just recently got my first full-squishy. Building up the confidence takes time.

Come see me after class
    Dec 2005
    if you really want to have fun near Tyler, get yourself a dirt bike or 4x4 and head north to Barnwell Mountain.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Alex, It is too late for me for a dirt bike I am afraid, I am 41. I have a friend here at work that tells me exactly the same thing.
    I will concentrate on one "extreme sport" for now, yesterday I bashed my knuckles on a tree (got distracted briefly) hit the front brake and endo nicely over the bars. I swear that on some sections of faulkner the handlebars don't fit between trees.

Later

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Thanks Sir, State Park is a 30 minutes ride for me, that is why I ride in faulkner a lot more. I am going to try UT Tyler trail one day.

Cheers!

Members who have read this thread: 0