Guess the trail in Texas? (photo)- Mtbr.com
    I Crash Often
    Nov 2006

Guess the trail in Texas? (photo)

If you ride here, I hope you can guess it. The object the bike is resting upon is on the trail, near the trail head. Don't cheat by looking at the photo details as it has the name of the area.

Hint: It's in Central Texas.

Highlight below for the answer:
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Propect</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Park</st1:PlaceType> in <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">San Marcos</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State></st1lace><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I know exactly where it is and I do not want anyone else going, lol. I know it has about 5 miles of trail, still havent figured the best direction to ride it. It is in a small college town and that is all I am saying, well maybe that it is next to a natural wonder.

I Crash Often
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddSquirrel
    I know exactly where it is and I do not want anyone else going, lol. I know it has about 5 miles of trail, still havent figured the best direction to ride it. It is in a small college town and that is all I am saying, well maybe that it is next to a natural wonder.
    I usually follow the trail down and to the left...past this object into the open field. After that I mosey past the levey/ dam area and back down and to the right towards the back of the property. That's my favorite area, by the creek and climbing area. Good job on the natural wonder...didn't even think of that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yep, I finally made it out there and it is a really nice job by all the volunteers. That is the direction I have been riding it. Yeah the backside is pretty nice area.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i give up, what trail is it ?

I Crash Often
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by p0n3y
    i give up, what trail is it ?
    haha...it's Prospect Park in San Marcos, Texas.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Guess where this tree is located..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I used to live 1/2 mile from there back when I had my Soma Juice 29er. I always managed to scrape my left arm against that rusty POS (what is that anyway, a livestock feeder?). The funny thing is that my Soma was the last bike I rode out there. I sold that bike 2 years ago because I needed the money to pay moving costs since I was graduating and had not found a job. A week ago, I decided to e-mail the buyer to see if he wanted to sell the bike back since I really missed it. Sure enough, he did and I bought it back this past Monday. What sucks is I am not going to be able to ride for a while since I just found out today that I cracked a rib after crashing out at Walnut Creek the previous week. It looks like I am going to be sticking to the road for a while.
    Get on your bikes and ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVianTiCoN
    Guess where this tree is located..

that looks like the baseball fields in meadow texas

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by p0n3y
    that looks like the baseball fields in meadow texas
    wtf'ks.. did the flag pole give it away?

\m/ \m/
    How is San Marcos thought of central Texas? I mean I live in San Angelo and you really can't get more central then us.
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade-Runner
    How is San Marcos thought of central Texas? I mean I live in San Angelo and you really can't get more central then us.
    Geographically, San Angelo is more central than lets say Austin or San Marcos. Perhaps people in this region are geographically challanged, which is why Southwest Texas State University was named as such despite it being far away from the southwestern part of the state. My theory behind the naming of that school is that Southwest refers to the region of the US because Texas is in the Southwest and not the South like many people wish we were.

Demographically, Austin/San Marcos would be more towards the population center of the state. The exact number escapes me, but the vast majority of the state's population lies within a triangle linking DFW, San Antonio, and Houston.

Back to geography, the actual center of the state lies near Brady (who's slogan is the "Heart of Texas.") San Angelo is about 70 miles west and it does look fairy far west when looking at a map of the state. Still, it is closer to that geographic center of the state than San Marcos. I have always considered the Hill Country and surrounding areas as central TX. Towns along the interstate from San Antonio to Waco make up the east and southeastern border of central Texas. I never thought much about where the western border lies. Since I have always felt the Hill Country comprises most of central TX, I suppose that towns like Brady, Junction, and Rock Springs would be on that western edge of Central Texas. It is easy to forget just how big this state is, so perhaps San Angelo should be considered Central Texas.
    Get on your bikes and ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Trust us, it is Central Texas.

I Crash Often
    Nov 2006
    I don't go past San Antonio unless I'm going to a more western state or hunting. Therefore, alot of west Texas doesn't even count here. ; ) Let's face it, there's not much Except El Paso, Lubbuck and maybe Midland. Everything else is small and spread out.

mtbr member
    Is there any riding in Midland or Odessa?

\m/ \m/
    Last I heard "No Trees" near Midland was closed down.
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Playdeep
    Is there any riding in Midland or Odessa?
    Kermit Sand Dunes, best damn sand east of the Glamis. Just don't forget to bring your Dirt Bike or quad and sand tires...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade-Runner
    Last I heard "No Trees" near Midland was closed down.
    To my understanding, the local club's lease expired and was not renewed...by choice of the land owner, I believe...don't quote me on that, though.
    Pedigre

Members who have read this thread: 0