Great Night in Htown- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Great Night in Htown

cool temps, low humidity, big bright moon. Could be the last one of these for a while...
    Saving the world one calorie at a time.

Jan 2005
    Is that at the anthills?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrash
    Is that at the anthills?
    yep. aka my backyard!

Jan 2005
    I've been living in an apartment on Eldridge for 4 years now, about 1/4 mile away from the AH's. I'm moving into a house out in Richmond (25 miles SW of Houston) next week. Man, I'm gonna miss going on a ride whenever I want. I'll be able to hit the AH's on the weekends, but not during the week anymore

Looks like I'll have to pick up some lame sport like running.

TXAG
    Oct 2005
    Looks good. I rode last night at Memorial Park. Trails were in great shape. Quite a few people out for a Thursday night too. I live right on the feeder of the Beltway and ride the Anthills alot but sometime you have to go somewhere else. If we ever cross paths be sure and say hi. Bright orange Trek 6500. Happy trails

Luke

Apr 2005
    so what are the Anthills? I haven't ridden in H-town in oh, about 8 years but I plan to soon. Would I be bored on a Heckler?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaefod
    so what are the Anthills? I haven't ridden in H-town in oh, about 8 years but I plan to soon. Would I be bored on a Heckler?
    AH's are the trails that run along the bayou near Terry Hershey Park on the west side of H-town. Heckler? ANy bike is better than no bike, but a Heckler would be serious over kill anywhere within 500 miles of Houston. You'll be easy to spot though!

Apr 2005
    How does it compare to Memorial?

mtbr member
    Memorial is in general more twisty a probably a little flatter compared to the Ant Hills.

The ant hills has a few more nice steep but still short climbs followed by some nice steep and short downhill sections. The anthills are basically a there and back type ride. There is also some nice dirt jumps in the bowl just west of Willcrest. (if you are into that)

I ride memorial more often (its closer to home) but actaully prefer the AH. They are less crowded and I like the terrain a little better...Its nice to not always have to turn every 20 feet. Its also nice to stay on the trail for several miles instead of having to link several trails at memorial.

You will be fine on a Heckler. I ride an FXR and while its probably a little over kill, there are plenty of lines to catch some air and still push your limits.

TXAG
    Oct 2005
    Like I said I live right on the Anthills but I prefer to ride MP. The only thing that I don't like about the AH is that I have to go down and back several times to get some decent distance in and you end up riding the same thing over and over. At MP I like that I can just go and probably end up doing the same thing several times but ride my longer. To each their own.

Apr 2005
    Well I'm definately gonna have to check out AH since I've never been there.
    Sounds like it might be fun for a quick ride.

mtbr member
    HUmm....65degrees...low humidity...perhaps it is time to head out...

Members who have read this thread: 0