Goodwater Trl in Georgetown, Tx- Mtbr.com

Feb 2006

Goodwater Trl in Georgetown, Tx

I rode this single track alittle over a year ago & it was really great. The only thing is though that it dead ended at the lake after about 5.5 miles. I heard they were making the trail connect all the way around to join Russell & Hogg Parks.

Does anyone know if this is complete?

mtbr member
    how about the texas board.

Chilling out
    it connects all the way (via 2x track) to Camp Tejas from Overlook Park now.

~ 30mi round trip.

Builder of Trails
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by srharden
    I rode this single track alittle over a year ago & it was really great. The only thing is though that it dead ended at the lake after about 5.5 miles. I heard they were making the trail connect all the way around to join Russell & Hogg Parks.

Does anyone know if this is complete?
    Like Bear stated, the trail is complete. You can ride from the farthest east park, Overlook Park west to the farthest west park, Texas Camp. It's a combination of hard park, imbedded limestone, loose rock singletrack, and about 4.5 mile of doubletrack.

Approximate mileages:

Overlook to Hogg: 2.9
    Hogg to Russell: 3.4
    Russell to Tejas: 5.5

Take into account the crushedd stone connection trails in each park, and it's about 14.35 mile from one end to the other.

NOTE: PLEASE DON'T RIDE ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE LAKE BETWEEN CEDAR BREAKS AND TEJAS CAMP. IT IS OFF LIMITS TO BIKE B/C OF ENDANGERED SPECIES HABITAT. We could lose all riding priviliges if someone is caught riding there, especially during nesting season, which starts Mar. 1.

Members who have read this thread: 0