Good trails in El Paso?- Mtbr.com
    Wanna ride bikes?

Good trails in El Paso?

Anyone know where there are good trails here in El Paso? And prefferably not XC loops full of climbs, not to my taste haha, preferably trails pointed down hill?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Unfortunately, to go down, you must go up...but for what you are looking for, Roughrider Canyon might be of interest, though not in El Paso, it isn't too far away. Click here for more info and the point of contact.
    Pedigre

Chunky Monkey
    Lurkers Unite! Never mind....

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedigre
    Unfortunately, to go down, you must go up...but for what you are looking for, Roughrider Canyon might be of interest, though not in El Paso, it isn't too far away. Click here for more info and the point of contact.
    Roughrider Canyon looks interesting, but I don't know if I'd need a FS bike?

I'm going hardtail for the next few years, I can't pull together the cash for full squish without a job :/

mtbr member
    There are other options there, just not too much on the DH side of things.
    Pedigre

Wanna ride bikes?
    There are other options there, just not too much on the DH side of things.
    What about on the AM side of things?

mtbr member
    As far as AM, most El Paso trails are suiting to such, particularly RRFC and the franklin mts trails
    Pedigre

Wanna ride bikes?
    As far as AM, most El Paso trails are suiting to such, particularly RRFC and the franklin mts trails
    How do you get to the franklin mt trails? Are they through the state park entrance?

mtbr member
    yes...though there are others that come in from Chuck Heinrich Park that cross into the SP. <see the link I first gave>
    Pedigre

Wanna ride bikes?
    yes...though there are others that come in from Chuck Heinrich Park that cross into the SP. <see the link I first gave>
    So what would you say are the most fun and how would you get to them? Are they public access?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox362
    So what would you say are the most fun and how would you get to them? Are they public access?
    I can't say which are the most fun, as FMSP is the only one I have rode out that way to date, though I would certainly ride it again. For my thoughts on that one, the best bet is to check out the trail listing on MountainBikeTx.com for my review. As for access, with the exception of maybe four places, every trail on the site is public access...RCFP does require coordinating your visit beforehand (see trail listing for who and how).
    Pedigre

Wanna ride bikes?
    I've also heard a lot about "Redd road" trails, what are those like and how can i get to them?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox362
    I've also heard a lot about "Redd road" trails, what are those like and how can i get to them?
    I haven't got enough info on them to have them listed, but to my understanding, development and such have caused some issues (someone that knows for certain feel free to chime in). Without looking at a map, and if i recall correctly off the top of my head, it's where Redd Rd 'T's heading in the direction of FMSP
    Pedigre

Wanna ride bikes?
    Without looking at a map, and if i recall correctly off the top of my head, it's where Redd Rd 'T's heading in the direction of FMSP
    And where's that? Sorry for constantly asking where everything is, being not old enough to drive I don't really go too far out that often

mtbr member
    Check this out for riding areas:

http://bmba.wordpress.com/trails-and-riding-areas/

mtbr member
    atxlatino threw the link up that should answer the Redd Rd location question...all the rest you'll find on MountainBikeTx.com, as well.
    Pedigre

Wanna ride bikes?
    Alrighty then, thanks guys, I've got a new Komodo on the way and it's cooling down here in Paso, so I'm just about dying to go riding again haha

Members who have read this thread: 0