• 08-22-2010
    soccerdude
    GHORBA Skills Clinic - Sat. August 28th
    The Greater Houston Off-Road Biking Association will be holding a skills clinic this Saturday, August 28th at 9:00 am to be held at Jack Brooks Park. The skills clinic is free to all GHORBA members and will include classes for beginners, intermediates, and advanced riders. Water, Gatorade, and munchies will be provided during the class.

For more information visit GHORBA's website at: www.ghorba.org
  • 08-26-2010
    soccerdude
    Practically no chance of rain the next two days so the clinic is a go! Hope to see you there.
  • 08-26-2010
    Go! Ninja Go!
    I may go out there and drag a friend with me if he isn't busy. It's $10 for non members correct?
  • 08-26-2010
    soccerdude
    Actually, no. You must be a member to attend the skills clinic. To join it's $25.00 the first year then $20.00 each year after. After you join you need to email the Clinic Director to make sure you have a reserved spot. Space for the beginner class goes fast as well as the intermediate.
  • 08-27-2010
    clewttu
    thats kinda lame
  • 08-27-2010
    soccerdude
    Not really. For $20 per year you're helping GHORBA build new trails, maintain existing trails, not to mention help them put on three to four skills clinics per year. With membership you also get discounts on parts and service at many local shops. The skills clinics alone are worth the price of admission. When hurricanes Ike and Rita hit our area many of the trails were nearly completely destroyed. Money and most importantly volunteer work from GHORBA went in to the rebuilding process. Without GHORBA and our volunteers I doubt we'd have the well maintained trails we have today. Twenty bucks isn't a lot of money considering what you get. Being a member has preveliges.
  • 08-28-2010
    soccerdude
    Great turnout! We had more than 40 riders attend so thanks to everyone who showed up. Hope you had fun and learned a lot.