• 08-08-2008
    hiawatha-de
    Freeride/Downhill In Austin
    Anyone know of any freeride/downhill/gaps/dirtjump spots in Austin?
    From what everyone is posting, it seems like emma long is the most technical for austin. I'm looking for some places with some vertical drops and jumps at the end. Is there a place like this in austin? -Hiawatha
  • 08-08-2008
    crazy Jim
    Ninth St is nationally known DJ spot. RedBox trails are down the street and have a pump track. You will have to get into the BMX community to find other spots...
  • 08-11-2008
    font9a
    too numerous to list here, but some of the sickest urban lines have yet to be done.... or they've been done, but not 180'd.

Church Gap, Chuck E Cheese Roof Drop, Radisson Hip, Speedway Treat, Red Rail, etc etc. ask around. You may want your hardtail with a long travel fork for some of these lines.

9th street favors a DJ as do all the other pump tracks, but I've seen guys on titanium XC bikes hit the 9 foot doubles at the East Side trails.

See ya.

-- font9a
  • 08-22-2008
    cmc4130
    i am working on a north austin pump-jump track (rollers, berms, elevation, change, and rollable doubles in the 9-13ft lip to lip range). along the lines of slacker line at 9th street except rollable, and also along the lines of the old graveyard line at 9th street circa 1996. if you're a digger come on out. if you don't like digging but just like waiting for stuff to be built so you can ride it, f-ck off !! pm me for details. ............also interested in building other stuff, like bump-jumps to big downhill landings etc. , dirt quarterpipe/spine like 9th, but just not working on that right now.)
  • 08-22-2008
    Ron
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cmc4130
    i am working on a north austin pump-jump track (rollers, berms, elevation, change, and rollable doubles in the 9-13ft lip to lip range). along the lines of slacker line at 9th street except rollable, and also along the lines of the old graveyard line at 9th street circa 1996. if you're a digger come on out. if you don't like digging but just like waiting for stuff to be built so you can ride it, f-ck off !! pm me for details. ............also interested in building other stuff, like bump-jumps to big downhill landings etc. , dirt quarterpipe/spine like 9th, but just not working on that right now.)

in for tomorrow am
  • 08-23-2008
    wrenchfreak
    In for the digging.

PM sent.
  • 08-24-2008
    wrenchfreak
    Another thing....If the Chuck E Cheese roof gap is the one off South First, I call ******** until I see pics or video. If proof is presented, I will humbly apologize.