• 09-09-2011
    fahkinae
    Flat Rock Ranch Lower Loop
    I gotta give my props for this trail. Last time I rode it was over a year ago and as beginners it thoroughly kicked our butts.
    We rode it again last weekend and I was happy to discover the new changes to the trail. Simply put I don't know of any trail this close to San Antonio that has so many sections to just flat out haul a$$. Sure you have the climb at the beginning and at pipeline but there are at least two places before pipeline and pretty much most of the trail after pipeline to just haul balls.
    I got in the groove after pipeline and start riding more aggressively and it was pure bliss. Now Im trying to get in as many rides as I can before they close the trails at the end of October. So if you haven't done the lower loop in a long while you gotta check it out.
  • 09-10-2011
    jason333
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fahkinae View Post
    I gotta give my props for this trail. Last time I rode it was over a year ago and as beginners it thoroughly kicked our butts.
    We rode it again last weekend and I was happy to discover the new changes to the trail. Simply put I don't know of any trail this close to San Antonio that has so many sections to just flat out haul a$$. Sure you have the climb at the beginning and at pipeline but there are at least two places before pipeline and pretty much most of the trail after pipeline to just haul balls.
    I got in the groove after pipeline and start riding more aggressively and it was pure bliss. Now Im trying to get in as many rides as I can before they close the trails at the end of October. So if you haven't done the lower loop in a long while you gotta check it out.

Any trail maps?

How far from Austin?
  • 09-10-2011
    fahkinae
    Here's the website;

Flat Rock Ranch - Comfort, Texas
  • 09-10-2011
    rickm
    Flat Rock Flows...
  • 09-15-2011
    Pedigre
    What he said x2
  • 09-26-2011
    texasnavy05
    why are the trails being closed at the end of october?
  • 09-26-2011
    2DMaxLST
    They close during deer season.

I love riding there, I was there on Friday.
    Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 27 miles near Comfort | Times and Records | Strava