Flat Rock Ranch

Printable View

• 03-02-2010
    SoCalGuero
    Flat Rock Ranch
    A big thumbs up to Flat Ranch and the people who maintain the trails:thumbsup: !!!! I've been to all the mountain biking locations around San Antonio and been out to FR a few times now. We have always rode the lower loop, but this past Saturday morning, we ventured to the upper loop and WOW!......I am still smiling about this trail!!! Well maintained trials and really challenging technical climbs. The downhills, especially the "Madbomber" is insane! You guys rock! :band:
  • 03-03-2010
    JimThomas
    Yup, Jimmy, Doug, and alot of the Mojo crew and STORM are responsible for those awesome trails!!
  • 03-03-2010
    Pedigre
    Definitely one of the best trails in the area, if not in Texas.

For those looking looking for updated trail maps of FRR, we just got our hands on 'em: Flat Rock Ranch trail listing
  • 03-04-2010
    BikeMojo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalGuero
    A big thumbs up to Flat Ranch and the people who maintain the trails:thumbsup: !!!! I've been to all the mountain biking locations around San Antonio and been out to FR a few times now. We have always rode the lower loop, but this past Saturday morning, we ventured to the upper loop and WOW!......I am still smiling about this trail!!! Well maintained trials and really challenging technical climbs. The downhills, especially the "Madbomber" is insane! You guys rock! :band:

Just a couple of years ago the lower loop was seeing about 4 riders for every one that rode the upper. Almost nobody was riding the upper. It was painful and there was very little flow.

In the past few years, with the addition of sections such as Mad Bomber, the Daytona banked turns and more recently the as-yet unnamed technical singletrack (just opened)..., the upper is a real blast. Challenging, yet you get rewards.

I rode it Sunday and it has become my favorite side now.
  • 03-04-2010
    SoCalGuero
    The un-named technical singletrack......I think it is half way into the ride on an upper ridge where it zig-zags acrossand through alot of rocks and grass? Great, fast ride on the downhills, my suspension got a good workout, definitely left my 2 friends on hardtails in the dust (though they smoked me climbing) ! :D
  • 03-05-2010
    BikeMojo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalGuero
    The un-named technical singletrack......I think it is half way into the ride on an upper ridge where it zig-zags acrossand through alot of rocks and grass?

Yea, it is still a work in progress. But much better than running straight across the top of that ridge. Great views to your right, if you take the time while picking your line.
  • 03-28-2010
    Doc D
    I rode FRR for the first time a few days ago, just did the lower loop. I have to say it was awesome and I was just about the only person out there. I will definitely return, actually I can't wait.