First time Salado creek- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

First time Salado creek

Hi, well inhadnt rode my Fuji mountain since last year and this sat I rode for bout 2 hours at Saldo creek thru Mcallister it was great and I'm not even sore, weird, I'll be searching for other great places ,any ideas friends?

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanjonsean View Post
    Hi, well inhadnt rode my Fuji mountain since last year and this sat I rode for bout 2 hours at Saldo creek thru Mcallister it was great and I'm not even sore, weird, I'll be searching for other great places ,any ideas friends?
    You need to hit OP and Leon Creek. I like it a little more than Salado Creek.

mtbr member
    where is that? and are there more ladies? i swear i ran across a few gay guys not that it bothered me but didnt like the way they looked at me lol

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanjonsean View Post
    where is that? and are there more ladies? i swear i ran across a few gay guys not that it bothered me but didnt like the way they looked at me lol
    Leon Creek is close to UTSA and there are some hotties who run on the trails and the paved greenway.

There is a drop in spot right behind the Drury Suites on I-10/1604 and goes all the way to Ingram Mall. I prefer to drop in at Bamberger Park or Bandera/Mainland to hit the trails a little quicker.

Big Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
    Leon Creek is close to UTSA and there are some hotties who run on the trails and the paved greenway.

There is a drop in spot right behind the Drury Suites on I-10/1604 and goes all the way to Ingram Mall. I prefer to drop in at Bamberger Park or Bandera/Mainland to hit the trails a little quicker.
    Is the whole trail paved? Or is there some technical stuff? Also, is there an entrance from campus?
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!! :cornut:

mtbr member
    Salado creek is great but had 1 kid and older woman get right in my path , and had some nice looking women

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
    Is the whole trail paved? Or is there some technical stuff? Also, is there an entrance from campus?
    there is not a drop in directly from utsa. the closest trail access without having to ride pavement is bamberger park. From there you can hit 20+ miles of offroad trail.

mtbr member
    Salado creek is by far the best in sa. Tech and fast in areas.... It can really hand it to you ...

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pebblehoppertj View Post
    Salado creek is by far the best in sa. Tech and fast in areas.... It can really hand it to you ...
    Salado can be very technical and is nice. I still like Leon Creek better because of the variety it offers. I still am learning new stuff. As of right now I can easily get 20 miles of dirt in Leon Creek including OP.

mtbr member
    That's why I love salado...variety and rocks...we are going at noon... Pm if yoy wanna go

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pebblehoppertj View Post
    That's why I love salado...variety and rocks...we are going at noon... Pm if yoy wanna go
    Ain't that the truth...Lot-O-Rocks at Salado. I can't go today but can ride tomorrow and/or Wednesday. I'll post up to see if anyone is going.

Members who have read this thread: 0