El Paso Redd Road Trails Offroading?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

El Paso Redd Road Trails Offroading?

I went out for a solo ride today close to sunset, and was enjoying my ride and my music when I hear this sound behind me approaching fast...at first I thought it was a really fast biker going real fast, about to pass. When I looked behind me I see a small SUV coming up...I thought to myself, WTH???? I moved over and let the guy pass in his RAV4 with CA license plates and he sped off like he was in a race or something...

This was on the singletrack right around the beginning of the trails between the parking area and when you're getting near the big water tank further up the hill. I don't ride on the west side very often so I'm not sure if this is common, but again...WTH? It's not really a big deal I just found it odd. I like mountain biking because I don't have to look out for cars and crazy drivers, but today was the exception.

Anyone else seen this around that area?

Not an O2 thief.
    Feb 2004
    That's PSB land, so it's pretty much "anything goes" out there. He probably wouldn't last long in a RAV. lechuguilla would probably get his tires if he tried to go too far. I've seen some AVT's in heinrich. It's mostly ignorance. Oh well. So much for progress and growth.
    Roll over the weak and bunny hop the dead!

Blog this...!

El Paso Puzzler 35 or 50 miler

mtbr member
    While going uphill at dusk, I had to jump out of the way of two kids on moto-cross bikes last summer over at Heinrich too. I wasn't too happy about that...

glassphisheye
    I usually find the nearest rock and give the windows a go. Make sure you have a good single track escape tho! hahaha
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

mtbr member
    Nah, I think I'd rather pound it out on the trails. Although, I have thrown a couple fingers while out on the road, and been chased, but bikes have this nice way of finding shortcuts anywhere.

glassphisheye
    hahaha. Road is insane here. This year I punched ( and dented) three cars... maybe i have anger management issues... oh well maybe they will watch out next time.
    web design and development in El Paso
    www.websitescenes.com | http://www.roughriderfreeride.com

Members who have read this thread: 0