El Paso Rains / Update Info on Redd Road Trails- Mtbr.com
    Ride On!!

El Paso Rains / Update Info on Redd Road Trails

El Paso has had rain like never before this week, We met our yearly rain fall avarage in one day. So with that said im sure you can guess what the trails look like. Most every trail at redd road has damage, some trails are worse than others. Every trail that goes into an arroyo has been washed away, and I mean gone !!, there is no sign there was every a trail in most all the arroyo crossings........If you get a chance this weekend or in the next couple of days, Go out to redd and do a descent loop to check out the damage, then drop down into your arroyo of choice and enjoy a nice desert oasis, when else can you take a dip in the desert, there are some nice size pools if you hike down some of the arroyos...........Just remember that in the next few months when every you are riding the trails and see a part that needs fixing, just take a few minutes to shove some rocks around, If everybody donates a minute here and there to help clean up the trails, they will be back to normal before you know it.......

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler10812
    So with that said im sure you can guess what the trails look like.
    In an effort to improve my race time on this year chupacabras, I'm riding mostly on the road so I haven't actually been able to ride the trails that much. Have you been to monk's trail? Franklin state park? My training season ends on october 22 after the triathlon in juarez so I'll be able to log some hours into cleaning some of the trails.
    semper ad excelsum

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    I went swimming in one of the pools somewhere around Brujo's Garden.

mtbr member
    HOLY SCHMOLY!

I lived in EP from 96-00, and practically lived on those trails...

I remember how it was a green explosion after any significant rain, but holy cow...Never saw standing pools like that!

Wow

FTR: I MISS THOSE TRAILS!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0