El Paso/Las Cruces riders check in.- Mtbr.com
    I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006

El Paso/Las Cruces riders check in.

Anybody down to ride with my in the next few days? I'm down to ride in El Paso or Las Cruces. I live about 1/2 a mile from the trails right by trans mountain. They're really fun.

Check in guys. Who else is in my area?

Ride On!!

Down to ride anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian3900
    Anybody down to ride with my in the next few days? I'm down to ride in El Paso or Las Cruces. I live about 1/2 a mile from the trails right by trans mountain. They're really fun.

I am always in for a ride , have you been to the trails on the other side of transmountain , the NE side ? Paul

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    Nope, only here on the west side. I barely started MTBing about 4 weeks ago.

Ride On!!
    Nope, only here on the west side. I barely started MTBing about 4 weeks ago.
    Have you been riding the redd road trails at the top or bottom of dakota ridge , or tom mays state park ? , Where do you start and what have you ridden so far? The trails in the NE are off of MLK Blvd @ Jon Cunningham you can do a good 12 or so mile loop there , the trails are a little harder to find than the redd road trails but are WORTH every second of riding , I have been riding several years here and just discovered the NE trails !! , Dont get me wrong I love riding redd road also ....In my opinion Dona ana trails North of Las Cruces are worth checking out also ......

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    I ride the trails that start at Dakota Ridge. I've done the Teeter Totter, Brujos, Docs Drop, Tims Mine, GI Joe, and a few others that I don't know the names to.

Im ready to try out some really tough trails... But my bikes not. I have a stock Trek 3900 and this things just can't hack. I'm getting fed-up with it because it has such short limits. In the next few weeks or months or so I'm going to buy a new bike. I'm shooting for a Rocky Mountain ETSX-30.

Ride On!!
    I ride the trails that start at Dakota Ridge. I've done the Teeter Totter, Brujos, Docs Drop, Tims Mine, GI Joe, and a few others that I don't know the names to.

Im ready to try out some really tough trails... But my bikes not. I have a stock Trek 3900 and this things just can't hack. I'm getting fed-up with it because it has such short limits. In the next few weeks or months or so I'm going to buy a new bike. I'm shooting for a Rocky Mountain ETSX-30.

Thats cool , I am glad to hear you have ridden the teeter , just dont hit it to fast and your good to go , You will enjoy redd road much more when you get a dual suspension , I am riding the NE trails this afternoon with a buddy and you are welcome to join, the ne trails are not as rocky as redd road trails but theres a little bit of technical , we will probabley start around 4 , Not a real fast pace either , but will do a 6 - 8 mi loop ...If you are intrested let me know and ill give you directions ...........paul

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    Sounds great. Too bad I have to work.

I'm down for the next time you guys hit the trails though. I'll probably slow you down though. I can't go very fast through the trails with the 3900.

Let me know what's up.

Dr Gadget is IN

Bmba!

Greetings from LC! You might have to try the NM forum to get many others - I just saw your title on the forum header.

You need to get on the BMBA (borderlands mt bike assoc) list server, http://crl.nmsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/bmba

Many rides in EP/LC get posted there.
    This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic.

WSS/OSS: Open Source Sealant

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    Tight, me and my friend are going to go riding in Las Cruces soon!

Ride On!!
    Tight, me and my friend are going to go riding in Las Cruces soon!
    Just got back from the ride in the northeast, missed a good one , but let me know whenever you wanna see technical trail riding ( not dh ) uphill and downhill trail riding , I will show you the most technical trails I know on the west side, or anywhere else in elpaso .....The teeter is called the p2 teeter totter by the way , have you hit the other small wood sections at redd ? . Anyways, let me know, I usually ride redd all the time , ( mostly early morning ,or late evening ) , ive just been riding the northeast side of the mountain recently , because like I said earlier I just discovered how fun the trails are in the NE of transmountain, new single tracks always a goog thing!................

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    Maybe I've seen you on the trails that I go to. I've never HIT the teeter, I just ride past it.

I, me & myself !!! we almost always ride together, but haven't been to the Redd road trails.
    semper ad excelsum

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnewguy
    I, me & myself !!! we almost always ride together, but haven't been to the Redd road trails.
    Redd Road trails are lots of fun.

I've seen the pics

yeah, I'm planning to go over there this coming sunday... but with these winds man!!!.. i dunno... maybe put it off a couple of weeks?
    semper ad excelsum

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnewguy
    yeah, I'm planning to go over there this coming sunday... but with these winds man!!!.. i dunno... maybe put it off a couple of weeks?
    Me and my friend have been wanting to go out there for the past couple of days but the winds... Yesterday wasn't bad at all but he couldn't make it. Tomorrow is supposed to be bright and sunny so hopefully I'll be out there.

Ride On!!
    I Will Be At Redd In The Morning On Sunday Morning If Intrested In Riding , I Will Be There At 8:30am .......then If Its Not Windy , I Will Be Joining The Group Ride In The Northeast At 12:00 Noon @ Mlk Blvd And Jon Cunningham...................thanks

I like dual suspension.
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckler10812
    I Will Be At Redd In The Morning On Sunday Morning If Intrested In Riding , I Will Be There At 8:30am .......then If Its Not Windy , I Will Be Joining The Group Ride In The Northeast At 12:00 Noon @ Mlk Blvd And Jon Cunningham...................thanks

Why so early all the time?
    I'm heading out there today in the afternoon.

El Mas Chingon

ELP Represent

Anyone interested in a Turner RFX Small with Truvativ, Sram, CK, Mavic, Avid Juicy 7, Marzocchi Z FR w/ETA
    Moots Cinco
    Vassago Optimus Ti
    Cervelo Prodigy

Members who have read this thread: 0