El Paso/Las Cruces riders check in.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    I like dual suspension.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    142

    El Paso/Las Cruces riders check in.

    Anybody down to ride with my in the next few days? I'm down to ride in El Paso or Las Cruces. I live about 1/2 a mile from the trails right by trans mountain. They're really fun.

    Check in guys. Who else is in my area?

  2. #2
    Ride On!!
    Reputation: Heckler10812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    86

    Down to ride anytime

    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian3900
    Anybody down to ride with my in the next few days? I'm down to ride in El Paso or Las Cruces. I live about 1/2 a mile from the trails right by trans mountain. They're really fun.

    Check in guys. Who else is in my area?
    I am always in for a ride , have you been to the trails on the other side of transmountain , the NE side ? Paul

  3. #3
    I like dual suspension.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    142
    Nope, only here on the west side. I barely started MTBing about 4 weeks ago.

  4. #4
    Ride On!!
    Reputation: Heckler10812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian3900
    Nope, only here on the west side. I barely started MTBing about 4 weeks ago.
    Have you been riding the redd road trails at the top or bottom of dakota ridge , or tom mays state park ? , Where do you start and what have you ridden so far? The trails in the NE are off of MLK Blvd @ Jon Cunningham you can do a good 12 or so mile loop there , the trails are a little harder to find than the redd road trails but are WORTH every second of riding , I have been riding several years here and just discovered the NE trails !! , Dont get me wrong I love riding redd road also ....In my opinion Dona ana trails North of Las Cruces are worth checking out also ......

  5. #5
    I like dual suspension.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    142
    I ride the trails that start at Dakota Ridge. I've done the Teeter Totter, Brujos, Docs Drop, Tims Mine, GI Joe, and a few others that I don't know the names to.

    Im ready to try out some really tough trails... But my bikes not. I have a stock Trek 3900 and this things just can't hack. I'm getting fed-up with it because it has such short limits. In the next few weeks or months or so I'm going to buy a new bike. I'm shooting for a Rocky Mountain ETSX-30.

  6. #6
    Ride On!!
    Reputation: Heckler10812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian3900
    I ride the trails that start at Dakota Ridge. I've done the Teeter Totter, Brujos, Docs Drop, Tims Mine, GI Joe, and a few others that I don't know the names to.

    Im ready to try out some really tough trails... But my bikes not. I have a stock Trek 3900 and this things just can't hack. I'm getting fed-up with it because it has such short limits. In the next few weeks or months or so I'm going to buy a new bike. I'm shooting for a Rocky Mountain ETSX-30.

    Thats cool , I am glad to hear you have ridden the teeter , just dont hit it to fast and your good to go , You will enjoy redd road much more when you get a dual suspension , I am riding the NE trails this afternoon with a buddy and you are welcome to join, the ne trails are not as rocky as redd road trails but theres a little bit of technical , we will probabley start around 4 , Not a real fast pace either , but will do a 6 - 8 mi loop ...If you are intrested let me know and ill give you directions ...........paul

  7. #7
    I like dual suspension.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    142
    Sounds great. Too bad I have to work.

    I'm down for the next time you guys hit the trails though. I'll probably slow you down though. I can't go very fast through the trails with the 3900.

    Let me know what's up.

  8. #8
    Dr Gadget is IN
    Reputation: wadester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,360

    Bmba!

    Greetings from LC! You might have to try the NM forum to get many others - I just saw your title on the forum header.

    You need to get on the BMBA (borderlands mt bike assoc) list server, http://crl.nmsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/bmba

    Many rides in EP/LC get posted there.
    This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic.

    WSS/OSS: Open Source Sealant

  9. #9
    I like dual suspension.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    142
    Tight, me and my friend are going to go riding in Las Cruces soon!

  10. #10
    Ride On!!
    Reputation: Heckler10812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian3900
    Tight, me and my friend are going to go riding in Las Cruces soon!
    Just got back from the ride in the northeast, missed a good one , but let me know whenever you wanna see technical trail riding ( not dh ) uphill and downhill trail riding , I will show you the most technical trails I know on the west side, or anywhere else in elpaso .....The teeter is called the p2 teeter totter by the way , have you hit the other small wood sections at redd ? . Anyways, let me know, I usually ride redd all the time , ( mostly early morning ,or late evening ) , ive just been riding the northeast side of the mountain recently , because like I said earlier I just discovered how fun the trails are in the NE of transmountain, new single tracks always a goog thing!................

  11. #11
    I like dual suspension.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    142
    Maybe I've seen you on the trails that I go to. I've never HIT the teeter, I just ride past it.

  12. #12
    Occupation: Human
    Reputation: mtbnewguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    250
    Check in guys. Who else is in my area?
    I, me & myself !!! we almost always ride together, but haven't been to the Redd road trails.
    semper ad excelsum

  13. #13
    I like dual suspension.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnewguy
    I, me & myself !!! we almost always ride together, but haven't been to the Redd road trails.
    Redd Road trails are lots of fun.

  14. #14
    Occupation: Human
    Reputation: mtbnewguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    250

    I've seen the pics

    yeah, I'm planning to go over there this coming sunday... but with these winds man!!!.. i dunno... maybe put it off a couple of weeks?
    semper ad excelsum

  15. #15
    I like dual suspension.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbnewguy
    yeah, I'm planning to go over there this coming sunday... but with these winds man!!!.. i dunno... maybe put it off a couple of weeks?
    Me and my friend have been wanting to go out there for the past couple of days but the winds... Yesterday wasn't bad at all but he couldn't make it. Tomorrow is supposed to be bright and sunny so hopefully I'll be out there.

  16. #16
    Ride On!!
    Reputation: Heckler10812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    86
    I Will Be At Redd In The Morning On Sunday Morning If Intrested In Riding , I Will Be There At 8:30am .......then If Its Not Windy , I Will Be Joining The Group Ride In The Northeast At 12:00 Noon @ Mlk Blvd And Jon Cunningham...................thanks

  17. #17
    I like dual suspension.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckler10812
    I Will Be At Redd In The Morning On Sunday Morning If Intrested In Riding , I Will Be There At 8:30am .......then If Its Not Windy , I Will Be Joining The Group Ride In The Northeast At 12:00 Noon @ Mlk Blvd And Jon Cunningham...................thanks


    Why so early all the time?
    I'm heading out there today in the afternoon.

  18. #18
    El Mas Chingon
    Reputation: MasChingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    170

    ELP Represent

    Anyone interested in a Turner RFX Small with Truvativ, Sram, CK, Mavic, Avid Juicy 7, Marzocchi Z FR w/ETA
    Moots Cinco
    Vassago Optimus Ti
    Cervelo Prodigy

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.