East Texas pump track- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! East Texas pump track

Hey, East Texan riders, how far would you drive to ride a free public pump track?
    What other factors would influence that decision?

I'd like to know because there's a chance I can talk my city into building one in conjunction with a bike-specific trail that already has support (in fact, it was flagged this week). This thread could be proof of potential users and used as a persuading force.

since 4/10/2009
    When I lived in Pittsburgh, PA, I drove a couple hours to pay to ride Ray's in Cleveland. Granted, Ray's offered more than just a pump track, but people will drive hundreds of miles to visit that place (and spend for hotels and food to stay for a weekend, even) because it's something you don't find often in that part of the country.

I would have no qualms about driving to Center from Nacogdoches to spend an afternoon riding there and I would absolutely make use of the pump track. How long I spent would depend on how good it was and on the rest of the trails at the park.

I currently have only one reason I'd go to Center - to visit friends. Beyond that, I don't go to Center for anything. This facility would add a reason for me to go there.

mtbr member
    Thanks for your input!
    With our current trail and pathway development, it's a very real possibility of having a bike park in place within a year's time. More input like yours would probably make it happen sooner than later.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I would drive from DFW to ride.

If it gets up and going please let us know about it at pumptrackaddict dot com

Wrench
    It really depends on how good the pump track is.

I have played around with them and felt "eh" about some. If it's a good sized track with maybe some dirtjumping nearby, then yeah I'd have fun with that.

*B*
    mtbr member
    I would def travel from Dallas. I think having some DJ's beginner to experienced to help with the learning curve would be a good draw as well.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Thanks for your input. The pump track might not happen anytime soon, but work has begun on a very challenging north shore style trail. There is something else...

I'll post pictures soon of the location available for MASSIVE dirt jumps. The resources and roll-in are already there, but any description I provide wouldn't do it justice. Check back for the pictures soon. I've talked to my city and they are fine with it, but I need lots of help moving and shaping the large volumes of dirt. I don't have any experience building jumps of that magnitude.

mtbr member
    We are in Longview and know of several riders who would be interested. Where are you located and have you made any progress?