dual crown fork service, houston- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

dual crown fork service, houston

i'm looking for a shop in houston to service my 888rc, on side is really leaking. i taked to my LBS but they wer not sure if they could do it. anyone know a good palce? i really don't want to send it off to zocchi

h-town hucker
    try West End Bicycles. i'll ask someone i know if they can do it there.
    AZONIC

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How old is the fork? Have you tried an oil change and cleaning the seals really good? That fixed my 66R 'cause some paint chips had gotten stuck in the seal (and it was to the point of dripping down the leg and it's fine now). If you're against sending it off you could always do it yourself. There aren't any shops in town that have the proper tools for seal replacement (or even the seals) but you (or they) could make due with some carefully chosen bits of PVC for a seal press.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i thin it is an 05 RC, it leaks horribly i let it sit for 2 months and there was a puddle of oil on my garage floor, not to mention it f-ed up my brake pads. personall i really don't want to send it off, such a hassle but i guess i would if i needed to. i don't knwo how to work on the forks, about the only service thing i am not sure on, but i won't have the time anyways till may.

mtbr member
    I have the same fork. In September I had the springs switched out at Bicycle World in the Village (The old West U Schwinn). They have a mechanic from Cali who seemed to know the fork fairly well. I have been happy with my fork since.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    thanks guys

Members who have read this thread: 0