Dirty Tri/Canyon Lake/Madrone Trail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2003

Dirty Tri/Canyon Lake/Madrone Trail

What up guys, I'm coming back to Texas this week to visit some family/friends and race in the Dirty Tri.....I have read most of the reviews on the Madrone trail and watched the stellar video at pedalmashers, but I have yet to ride the trail, so my question is this. Everything I have read says the trail is ridden in a different direction than normal for the race, so where would I pick the trail up to preride the course? I also plan on preriding on Friday morning with my wife & a friend, so any of you guys are welcome to join in, just let me know what time is good for you. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    I rode that trail last night and there are some markers in the trail and on the road that show the direction of the route. Look for the big arrows and XTERRA spray painted on the pavement. Also, see here: http://thedirtytri.com/map.aspx

I'd love to do this event, but it is the same weekend as the last race in the TMBRA spring serires at X Bar. A good mountain biker can do quite well out there (VERY techincal and rocky in spots for this area) even if they aren't a great swimmer or runner. The Madrone / Canyon Lake trail will have lots of not-so-skilled bikers walking through some of the rock gardens and rocky step-up and small drops.

Good luck.

Ian
    Team NRC/Pedalmasher

mtbr member
    Aug 2003
    Right on Ian,
    I got it in today, as you said & well marked.....Thanks for the help, good luck in you race.
    Thanks,
    Dan

Members who have read this thread: 0