dirt jumps- Mtbr.com

Thread: dirt jumps

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006

dirt jumps

were are some fun dirtjumps in the dallas area? i live in plano i need some jumps that are less than an hour away
    if you have pics post em
    and directions of course

and btw i ride the jw dunlop park jumps in arlington alot, very fun check it out

Rollin' the dice
    I'm in the Plano area too...BIGGER John and Jherich had a thread in the DJ forum about an area in Denton. I haven't been out there but it looks pretty nice.

Denton Tx. trails PICS!!!

Other than that I don't know of anything, but I can't say that I have been looking too hard.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    i was planing on going out to denton

154 views and only one comment come on this is pathetic!

bon vivant
    Mar 2004
    ZBoaz park in SW Fort Worth has some good ones - maybe more than an hour from you, though...

Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebiker
    i was planing on going out to denton

154 views and only one comment come on this is pathetic!
    First rule of trails club is no one talks about trails club. LOL!

Everyone I know tries to keep their trails spots a secret. Keeps them from being ruined by kids or bulldozed. At our spot, everyone has to work before they can jump. Sweeping, digging, clearing leaves and branches, whatever. Place stays pretty nice. There have been a few run ins where folks would just show up that we don't know and they refuse to help out. Then when you try to run them off, they bow up like they want to fight. Funny. You're standing there with an attitude and want to fight me while I'm holding a sharp shovel or a pick axe. Go ahead and take your shot, genius. Don't get me wrong....we're not really jump snobs but we want to protect what we've built. If someone shows up and they are willign to work, we welcome them in. Sworn to secrecy, of course!

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    ya isee what your sayin hucker

and no ones needs to worrie about me tryin to fight and not work, especialy if you have a pick ax, hahaha

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    the Valley (east end of the George Bush at Mars Rd.) would be fairly close to you. There are a lot of spots in the middle of the DFW area. For more info see this site http://www.rogueposse.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    how crazy is the valley, how big or the jumps
    and a map or better derections would be helpful

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    east on Bush to Mars Rd. Take a left on Mars, after about a hundred yards or so you'll see a dirt rd on the left. Follow the dirt road through the creek and turn to the right. Continue along the dirt road and you'll run into the jump area. There are jump are all levels and nice long rythyms to get your pump on.

Aug 2006
    ne 1 who wants to go ride the jumps hit me up. aint ridden a dirt jump in feckin years so it will be fun to re-learn.

Sep 2006
    Dude the Denton jumps look SWEET! I am going there now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    here are some secret DJs in the heart of the DFW metroplex

pretty much the biggest/best DJ spot around here...

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    sick man

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I found this old thread while looking for some dirt jumps. Any sweet ones still around?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scootter82 View Post
    I found this old thread while looking for some dirt jumps. Any sweet ones still around?
    I would certainly not mind locating some dirt jumps either. Is anyone racing 4x/ds/bmx in this state anywhere either?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by methodman View Post
    I would certainly not mind locating some dirt jumps either. Is anyone racing 4x/ds/bmx in this state anywhere either?
    What got me looking was a blog post about new Dirt Jumps being constructed off I-45 somewhere. Haven't yet got clarification on the exact location or completion date.

meh
    first rule of dirt jumps, dont talk online about dirt jumps

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    duly noted, lol

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Not exactly a DJ spot but since your right there in Plano, Allen has a public skate park that has a BMX track. Never had my DJ bike out there but I did take my nitro RC car out there when no one was around and it seemed pretty good. It's also maintained by the city so it's in good shape.

Since it's a public spot I figured we could take about it on the Internet haha

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    The I-45 jump spot in downtown Dallas is sanctioned by the city. We are waiting on final approval now and have all our duck in a row. for more info see www.rogueposse.net ride forum or http://www.dorba.org/forum/freeride-...-name-it/16924 for the latest info on legal Dallas area FR and DJ spots

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WereBot View Post
    Not exactly a DJ spot but since your right there in Plano, Allen has a public skate park that has a BMX track. Never had my DJ bike out there but I did take my nitro RC car out there when no one was around and it seemed pretty good. It's also maintained by the city so it's in good shape.

Since it's a public spot I figured we could take about it on the Internet haha
    I heard that "bmx track" has been changed into a dirt jump spot..... no confirmation though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by methodman View Post
    bmx yes but 4x/ds IN TX is non-existent as far as i know right now... working on some things though.

Members who have read this thread: 0