Dallas Area Rides- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Dallas Area Rides

I'm heading down to the Dallas Area for work in January and was wondering what the riding in the area is like that time of year, and where I might get hold of a bike for a day to give it a try.

I've only got one day to hit the trails. I appreciate any help/suggestions.

TXTony
    North Shore in Grapevine..pretty cool trail...Bikes Inc rents bikes, the riding this time of year really depends on the weather, one day it is warm then the next it may be freezing..the Dorba site has a listing of all the trails around the DFW Area..good luck!

mtbr member
    Without a doubt the best trail we have is Big Cedar Wilderness.

Long, huge variety of trail, and some of the best flowing track around. There is even
    a trial area and believe it or not a downhill section with man-made jumps and such.
    Admittedly, it has fewer rocks than Northshore, other than that it is great.

If you are venturing to Dallas and ride, don't miss BC.
    Nobody cares...........

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Big Cedar sounds like my kind of riding, the flowy part at least. Time to check out the Dorba site.

mtbr member
    I'd have to second BC, but depending on time, you might want to hit a little variety, too. This might help figure out where to go next.
    Pedigre

meh
    Nice thing about Big Cedar is Boulder and OCNP are not too far away to get a couple trails in

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sounds good. I've heard good things about both places. The only think I need to find now is a bike. Looks like I'm staying quite close to the grassy knoll.

Members who have read this thread: 0