Cypresswood Trails- Mtbr.com
    I Crash Often
    Nov 2006

Cypresswood Trails

Over my winter break from school, I visted my parents in Houston. I decided to try out the Cypresswood trails and believe I found what I've heard about. I noticed some construction through the trail section and was wondering what that is about. Anyway, the trail was pretty good for being in Houston, and was challening for my HT. Will definetly do it again when I go back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Cypresswood at approximately TC Jester? Those ARE fun. Someone has just constructed a ladder ramp spanning a gully there. I ride there on the weekends now, and most of the time I never see anyone there. Does anyone know if it is it illegal, as there is some clearing going on around there.
    2018 Canyon Exceed CF 8.0 - 29"
    2016 Canyon Strive CF 9.0 - 27.5"
    2009 Titus Motolite - 26"

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    The area where the logging is taking place is off limits. It is private property with posted No Tresspassing signs. Be very careful and respectful out there. People have done a lot of leg work to get those trails open and legal to ride. They are supposed to be working with the land owner to re-open the closed sections after the logging is done. We do not want to mess with or endanger the progress that has been made.

Search for Cypresswood Trails group on Yahoo Groups. Tons of information about the trails, connecting trails, and on-going construction and maintenance projects.

i am, therefore, i ride
    [QUOTE=gdurt]The area where the logging is taking place is off limits. It is private property with posted No Tresspassing signs. Be very careful and respectful out there. People have done a lot of leg work to get those trails open and legal to ride. They are supposed to be working with the land owner to re-open the closed sections after the logging is done. We do not want to mess with or endanger the progress that has been made. QUOTE]

We put a lot of work to that trail system so gdurt is right, please respect the "private land" area. They are building a road and bridge on TC Jester that will go over Cypress Creek. Start at Collins Park where the trail starts now instead of the old TC Jester trailhead. For more info, join the group:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group...oodtrailgroup/
    "Life is good..... enjoy it !!!!!"

Members who have read this thread: 0