Cypresswood Pic- Mtbr.com

Thread: Cypresswood Pic

bike rider

Cypresswood Pic

Here's a pic of me from I believe 1996 at the Cypresswood trail. I gave a buddy of mine my disposable camera and he got it at pretty much the perfect time. It's a straight up bunnyhop, there is not a jump here, the trail just goes down and turns left. This is a pic of a pic so the quality isn't great. The bike is the first Specialized FSR (chromo front, alloy rear) with a Control Tech Lawill Leader fork! Flashback City!
    My Bikes Kick Ass!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    damn 96. I think of myself as an old school cyp-er and i been riding it since 99.
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

bike rider
    I went to Klein High (class of '89) and lived in Wimbeldon so when I started riding in June of 1992 I started cutting trails at Cypresswood (we used to ride 3 wheelers there in school) because I hated going all the way to Memorial to ride. I cut with a guy named Paul Evans until after the flood in October 1994 and then we got some help. It seemed like every two years in October it flooded big time, 1994, 1996 and 1998. After every flood we would cut more and more new stuff. We used to have time trials out there on Sundays and on SuperBowl Sunday 1999 I, (with Champions Cyclery) put on a Cyclocross race. We had 51 racers in two different classes, a 30min and a 45min. All of my Expert friends raced both but only got placed for the 45min race. The 16 year old womens expert state champion phenom Stephanie Valario, riding for BikeLane, won both, (much to the chagrin of all of my expert buddies. The bowls had some crazy jumps back in '96 and '97. I'll try to find a pic that my brother shot of me jumping 8" out of the back bowl. When it was more vertical you could spin 360s out of it pretty easily. The trail has changed SO much in all of her years but she'll always be, My Girl.
    My Bikes Kick Ass!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    cypresswood was where i did all my initial mountain bike riding when i lived in the terra nova area back in the early 90s.

i havent been there since i moved back to houston, gotta make the trip some time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I lived in Sprink Creek Oaks and would just ride along the creek until i got to the trails. It has changed so much since they have TC Jester running through it now. They have added a ton of new trails too. I still prefer the old trails though, and the bowl in the back still exists, but there is practically no one taking care of it, riding it anymore. I remember going back there 4-5 years ago and a guy named Don was always out there on his spec. Since then, I haven't really seen many people doing the bowl area. The 8pack that was there is all eroded now too.
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

Members who have read this thread: 0