Corpus Christi?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Corpus Christi?

Hoser
    May 2006

Corpus Christi?

I'm moving to corpus christi pretty soon, and from what i've seen, there is no riding. anyone know of any dirt jumps or trails in the area?

Sep 2005
    i dont think any trails exist down there, mostly roadie stuff and even then it is weak. i grew up in victoria, just an hour north and most two wheeled sports just dont exist. i think corpus only has 1 bike shop that is even worth a damn, the pedal! good luck with your search, maybe make your own dirt jumps and get something started down there or get into water sports for the mean time. corpus is one of the best if no tthe best place in the US to wind surf and kite boarding is getting pretty big there too.

Jul 2006
    that might possibly be the flattest spot in the world.
    but i mean by the same token, my area is flat but they made some really killer trails
    lots of dirt kicked up from making a big ass ditch makes for some fun runs

Jul 2005
    I think there were some trails out by Oso Bay. I used to live in Corpus and there is a pretty active Roadie scene and a couple decent bike shops. At least there were when I lived there. You could always get a Surly Pugsley and ride the beach! Best bet for riding in Corpus is get a road bike or travel to San Antonio on the weekends for some singletrack.

May 2006
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I think my bike is gonna be wearing slicks for a while. I'm planning on heading up to SA whenever I get a chance. I like heading up to Gov't Canyon.

i love lamp
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tejas Mtb
    i dont think any trails exist down there, mostly roadie stuff and even then it is weak. i grew up in victoria, just an hour north and most two wheeled sports just dont exist. i think corpus only has 1 bike shop that is even worth a damn, the pedal! good luck with your search, maybe make your own dirt jumps and get something started down there or get into water sports for the mean time. corpus is one of the best if no tthe best place in the US to wind surf and kite boarding is getting pretty big there too.
    i live in CC now. And no, there aren't any trails around here. There is a group of guys that pretend to ride mtb through the city on their long travel bikes (i dont' know why, there is NO elevation change down here.)

plan on getting a road bike, the road scene is ok. Its not like austin, but there are a handful of p1/2's and other assorted racers. Lots of Tri-geeks though. Wednesday night group rides have nearly 100, Speed ranges from hanging with the cat1/2's to 30y/o-mtb's with aero bars.

I race road and mtb, you just have to travel a bit to get to the trails or the races.

There are 2 shops down here, but i'll be nice and not say anything about either shop.

I have to say, honestly, if you can figure out a way to not live here, do it. Its not terrible, but unless you are a roadie then you won't be completely happy.

if you want more info on rides, and good places to get your bike worked on just pm me.

-psucycling
    Niner Air9, Reba XX, XTR M980, Rotor 3D 2x10 Cranks, Bontrager RXL, FSA Kforce spost and hbar..

Members who have read this thread: 0