Coming to Austin area (20 mi south) and want to rent a oad bike to train for a week.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Coming to Austin area (20 mi south) and want to rent a oad bike to train for a week.

(See I can't even type the R word)
    NorCal boy coming to Austin area (Kyle) for a week and I still need to train. Since there is nothing but flatness around Kyle, I want to rent a road bike for a week.

Is there anyplace from Austin to San Marco (I think) that will rent a road bike for a week?

It doesnt have to be a high end bike. Just something that will allow me to do some training. I'll probably bring my own saddle and pedals, since I'm used the them.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg
    NorCal boy coming to Austin area (Kyle) for a week and I still need to train. Since there is nothing but flatness around Kyle, I want to rent a road bike for a week.

Is there anyplace from Austin to San Marco (I think) that will rent a road bike for a week?

It doesnt have to be a high end bike. Just something that will allow me to do some training. I'll probably bring my own saddle and pedals, since I'm used the them.
    1. Bicycle Sport Shop
    2. Post on CL and state that you will put down some $$. BSS will most likely cost $40/day...

Got Mojo?

Check with James at New Revolution Cycles. I don't know if he rents, but he is in Kyle.

But you should consider renting a MTB from BSS and hitting the Austin Trails.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMojo
    Check with James at New Revolution Cycles. I don't know if he rents, but he is in Kyle.

But you should consider renting a MTB from BSS and hitting the Austin Trails.
    Thanks, I will give him a James a call.

I would rent an MTB, but car availibility will be limited when I am there. If I have a road bike I can take off from the house. If can get a car, I will get up on some trails. Although, I'm leaving my 9mm here in CA. I read that thread about all those MTB guys "packin' some heat."

Got Mojo?
    Thanks, I will give him a James a call.

I would rent an MTB, but car availibility will be limited when I am there. If I have a road bike I can take off from the house. If can get a car, I will get up on some trails. Although, I'm leaving my 9mm here in CA. I read that thread about all those MTB guys "packin' some heat."

I think there is more of a 'need' to pack heat while road riding.

Give James a call, he is a good dude. As I said, I don't know if he rents, but I am sure that he can hook you up.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMojo
    I think there is more of a 'need' to pack heat while road riding.

Give James a call, he is a good dude. As I said, I don't know if he rents, but I am sure that he can hook you up.
    Have their been issues with road riders getting "bike jacked"

Members who have read this thread: 0