Cleburne State Park- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Cleburne State Park

Headed out there for my first time tomorrow. Any recomends on tires. I've got the Kenda Small Block 8's on my hardtail now. Also, anything out there a "must do/see". Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I've ridden there once & remember it as hardpack on the trails inside the park but the Fossil Rim trail is all loose rock. I rode it just months after I started riding & had no trouble other than parts of the F.R. trail. There's some drops & there were a lot of overhanging treelimbs slapping me in the head.

I'm sure someone else can fill in more. I think the rocky trail(s) do get a lot more technical near the dam.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    That's one of my favorite trails!
    The inner loop is a blast and best done counter clockwise. Park at the rest rooms on the left about a half mile from the gate. Ride back over towards the little bridge and take a left onto the trail. It's about 4 miles around and ends about where you started.
    Your setup is fine. There's a lot of hardpack and some loose rock, but not much. I've done it on a rigid 29r. That was a lot of fun.

The outer loop is a little harder to find. It's been a while since I've done it so someone else might be able to give you better advice. The outer loop has a lot more rock and some pretty technical decents.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thank you for the info.

adrenalin fiend
    Are you talking about the one in vidor?

Members who have read this thread: 0