Chihuahuan Dirt Fest- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Chihuahuan Dirt Fest

Thinking of doing dirt fest this year. If anyone could recomend which rides to do on all 3 days it would be greatly appreciated. Since I will mostly likely be riding all 3 days I prefer the mod length trips. And if you have another tips on camping.
    Thanks
    San Antonio Biker

mtbr member
    rincon loop is a do not miss and the longer ride on saturday will be fun expect to be out there 3+ hours on the longer rides.

they will have water stops but don't depend on them bring a camelback and water bottles extra tubes c02 and a multi-tool and some stuff to eat.

we just got back from lajitas over the new year and the riding was great and the weather was beautiful.

here are some garmin stuff from our rides out there to give you an idea of the elevation and trails the counterclock wise route of the lajitas trail was a blast and so was doing the dome trail counterclock wise then turning around and going clockwise.

Lajitas Big Loop by wmoritz1 at Garmin Connect - Details

NewYearsDayRide by wmoritz1 at Garmin Connect - Details

Contrabando/Dome Trail by wmoritz1 at Garmin Connect - Details

Lajitas SS course by wmoritz1 at Garmin Connect - Details

lots of info here...

2012 Terlingua - Chihuahuan Desert Dirt Fest. Feb 16-18

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the info. I'm hoping we get some good weather. I moved back to SA from CA 4 yrs ago, and I have been wanting to get out and do some desert riding.

mtbr member
    they will have tent camping at the lajitas RV park it's a pretty nice set up and near all the stuff and showers and where the rides all start and the post ride keg...

the weather out there over new years was in the 60's to 70's but it was in the 40's at night bring ALL your cold weather gear because we have been out there when it was in the 80's in Feb and also when it was in the 30's.

if your running tubeless refresh your stans latex a week or so before you head out we got some thorny stuff in our tires but the stans took care of any leaks right away.

it's not rained out there since sept 2010 so it's dry and more dry the trails are in fantastic shape and well marked so you can't get lost the views are fantastic so enjoy!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Great news. I will probably just use heavy duty tubes. They have worked for me in the desert in phoenix.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    The time is fast approaching....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post
    The time is fast approaching....
    75 people signed up so far...

preview of what to expect

Lajitas trail 12/31/11

Single Speed course 2/15/11

proper post-ride hydration is the key

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Wide open spaces. I better get signed up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    All I signed up and ready to go. Looking forward to doing some desert riding. All the rain in so tx lately is bumming me out. I can already see the sunshine.

Members who have read this thread: 0