Canyon Lake/Madrone Trail riders?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Canyon Lake/Madrone Trail riders?

First post here and I'm gonna give you all a good one to laugh at!

I live about.. uh I dunno, 1000 yards from the trail head. I just found out that it even existed!!

So anyway, yeah I plan on riding it tomorrow.

I used to race years ago (like oh, 12 years ago) but a few injuries (okay, a LOT of injuries non-MTB related, worst of all two trashed wrists and a herniated disc in my lower back) so I stopped riding basically. Got tired of suffering all the time (and a hardtail aluminum/front suspension bike probably didn't help).

Well I've had the itch to start riding again and I've convinced myself that if I ride once a week for a few months on this trail right by my house, I'll buy a fully (probably a Yeti ASR as I've always lusted after them; I wrenched for about 10 years and built around twice that many, always made me jealous!).

So do any of you not-so-great-of-shape (like me) guys and/or gals get out this way and ride this trail often? I'm up for some humiliation and some "Oh dude, those parts are so classic!" comments about my bike.

Peace.

Jeff

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyJeffD
    First post here and I'm gonna give you all a good one to laugh at!

I live about.. uh I dunno, 1000 yards from the trail head. I just found out that it even existed!!

So anyway, yeah I plan on riding it tomorrow.

I used to race years ago (like oh, 12 years ago) but a few injuries (okay, a LOT of injuries non-MTB related, worst of all two trashed wrists and a herniated disc in my lower back) so I stopped riding basically. Got tired of suffering all the time (and a hardtail aluminum/front suspension bike probably didn't help).

Well I've had the itch to start riding again and I've convinced myself that if I ride once a week for a few months on this trail right by my house, I'll buy a fully (probably a Yeti ASR as I've always lusted after them; I wrenched for about 10 years and built around twice that many, always made me jealous!).

So do any of you not-so-great-of-shape (like me) guys and/or gals get out this way and ride this trail often? I'm up for some humiliation and some "Oh dude, those parts are so classic!" comments about my bike.

Peace.

Jeff

Jeff,

the trail's current condition is mostly due to the work of the Camino Real Cycling Club out of New Braunfels.

You might get a better response if you posted on their forum.

Also there is much park info there....
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Cool thanks.

I work in New Braunfels, maybe I'll go to one of their events or something.

Thanks for the info.

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyJeffD
    Cool thanks.

I work in New Braunfels, maybe I'll go to one of their events or something.

Thanks for the info.
    Be sure to catch their 'Funday-Monday' ride. Nice cruise around town, easy pace. They are a good group of folks.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member

Madrone...

Jeff,

Like aLaN sez, check out the NB/SM forum for rides. I go out there from time to time, it's a great trail. PM me if/when you want a tour.

Members who have read this thread: 1