• 01-08-2007
    Basil Brush
    Can anybody recommend any MTB shops in NW Houston?
    Hi All,

I will be in NW Houston next week on business and I wanted to bring some new bike parts back to the UK. (Everything si so much cheaper for you guys).

Anybody know any good bikeshops in the area, websites / email address would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bas
  • 01-08-2007
    soccerdude
    NW Shops.
    Bike Barn on FM1960 near I-45; Sun and Ski and Spectrum Cycle on FM1960 near Champions Forest. REI on FM1960 and Hwy 249. I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I frequent. Personally I like Sun and Ski the best as they have a large selection but unfortunately they don't carry the SRAM line. REI is a little expensive if you ask me and I don't care for the customer service at Bike Barn. Spectrum has an ok selection and good customer service.
  • 01-08-2007
    gateCrasher
    Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdude
    Bike Barn on FM1960 near I-45; Sun and Ski and Spectrum Cycle on FM1960 near Champions Forest. REI on FM1960 and Hwy 249. I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I frequent. Personally I like Sun and Ski the best as they have a large selection but unfortunately they don't carry the SRAM line. REI is a little expensive if you ask me and I don't care for the customer service at Bike Barn. Spectrum has an ok selection and good customer service.

It would be cheaper for you to just order from Pricepoint or one of the online discount shops and overnight it to your hotel/motel :D

/gC
  • 01-09-2007
    WaveDude
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gateCrasher
    It would be cheaper for you to just order from Pricepoint or one of the online discount shops and overnight it to your hotel/motel :D

/gC

That is actually a really good suggestion.
  • 01-10-2007
    TXhucker
    Northwest Cyclery on HWY 290 @ Jones road. They don't have much of a parts selection but it's another shop in the area.
  • 01-10-2007
    TXhucker
    Northwest Cyclery on HWY 290 @ Jones road. They don't have much of a parts selection but it's another shop in the area. There is another Bike Barn on Hwy 6 that is just a few miles down the road from NW Cycles.