Cameron Park, Waco- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Cameron Park, Waco

Looking to try to meet up with some consistent riders at Cameron Park with some intermediate skill. Read that there's a local biking club that rides Sunday afternoons, but it seems that the ride is geared to beginners.

Riding single speed right now, but trying to get some opinions on a geary to try to enter some races next year. Let me know if anyone is wanting to meet up.

-Rob
    Dig Deep!

mtbr member
    WBC does have the Sunday Beginner Ride there at Cameron, but there are plenty of members that will gladly take the time to show someone around the trails and suit the show-n-tell ride to their guest. If you like, pm me your contact info and I can pass it on, then you guys can plan something.

Many of their members race, as well, so they can also shed some light on that side of things, too.
    Pedigre

One gear is all you need
    Nov 2009
    A few of us ride on thursday nite. We meet at Redwood and are ready to ride at 5:30. The ride is usually less than two hours at an intermediate pace. Bring some lights!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the info. Been meaning to test out my new light regardless. Come check you guys out soon.
    Dig Deep!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Riding Saturday 1/29 XTerra Course

I'm planning to ride the XTerra course this Saturday and am coming in from Dallas area. I would love to have company, so inquiring if there is interest. I plan to arrive mid-AM, and go over 1-2X, depending on how things go. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd fall I'm ready to call it quits I'm an intermediate MTB rider by my guess, M/40-44, but dropped out of the event last year as the hills & humidity hammered me. I plan to be better prepared this year, and ideally if I could do that course without carrying my bike or dismounting since this is where all the time is lost...
    Andy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rowbear314
    Looking to try to meet up with some consistent riders at Cameron Park with some intermediate skill. Read that there's a local biking club that rides Sunday afternoons, but it seems that the ride is geared to beginners.

Riding single speed right now, but trying to get some opinions on a geary to try to enter some races next year. Let me know if anyone is wanting to meet up.

-Rob
    I am super bummed that TMBRA is not racing at Cameron Park this spring. One of my favorite courses for singlespeed racing.

I'd say stay on the singlespeed as long as you're having fun with it, even if you don't want to run in the singlespeed categories. BTW, this year TMBRA has split SS into two separate groups Pro/Cat1 and Cat2/3, to hopefully encourage more SSers who might not have wanted to jump in the fray with that really fast guys who typically ride Open SS. IMO, the more climbing, the better a SS will fare, since getting spun on the flats is the biggest downside to SS. There are still quite a few guys who ride singlespeeds in the standard Cat 2/3 age group categories. I always got a kick out of the fact that almost every race, the fastest elapsed time from all of the Cat 2s was in Open SS.

Members who have read this thread: 0