Burleson- Mtbr.com

Thread: Burleson

blet drive

Burleson

Hey guys just checking in to see what the riding is like in this area. Full shuishy needed or a rigid ss? Thanks for any input.
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Dallas Off Road Bicycle Association might be helpful. there's also Cameron Park in Waco.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Lots of trails around, although mostly XC. Some good technical stuff out at Sansom Park and Big Cedar. Check out FWMBA and DORBA. People ride all kinds of bikes from rigid ss to 5" travel bikes--just really depends on what you want to ride. If you're into racing there is plenty of XC and a short travel 29er is the weapon of choice.

blet drive
    Cool thanks

blet drive
    Any really nice classy shops in the area. Good recommends

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    All depends what you're looking for. XC and road is king in this area so pretty much all shops cater to that. You can start with Colonel's and Bicycles Inc. There is always Performance, and Mellow Jonnys just opened up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5 View Post
    Any really nice classy shops in the area. Good recommends
    I too live in Burleson. I just visited the bicycle inc in Arlington on Saturday, put a specialized pitch on layaway, I'll get it out soon. But they were great, I am a newbie into mtb, so they helped me out a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blet drive
    Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2007
    There's a bike shop in old town Burleson I think it's called Spokes? It's a block or so west of Grump's Burgers (near the train tracks). They sell Giant and Scott if I remember correctly. They also rent bikes. Get out to Cleburne State Park and Dinosaur Valley State Park for some good nearby riding!

blet drive
    Thanks again

mtbr member
    Here's the Dorba trail map: Dallas Off Road Bicycle Association

That is also the best place to view accurate trail status. When we get rain, trails are often shut down for a while to protect them. Be sure to check before you head out. As you'll see, there isn't really any riding in Burleson proper, but you have Cleburne State Park, Dinosaur Valley and Solavaca Ranch to the southwest. I haven't ridden any of those, but I have heard good things about all three. From what I know, Dinosaur Valley (DV) is probably the most technical. Both of the state parks will have a fee for entrance, and I believe Solavaca is privately-owned and also has a fee. In Fort Worth, Sansom Park is one of the best trails in all of DFW. It is an aerobic workout, however, as it has some of the most climbing of any trail in DFW. It has a lot of loose limestone, and if you're new to the sport, there are probably enough technical challenges out there to keep you working at it for a while. Gateway Park in Fort Worth has also become quite a nice trail, with the new east side of the trail really adding a lot. It has some moderate hills, moderate technical challenges and even a view of downtown Ft. Worth in one spot.

In terms of the entire DFW area, I think Sansom Park, Big Cedar and Northshore are probably the best trails. However, being new to the sport, you may find some others that work better for where you're at in terms of ability and conditioning. There are some really fun trails in this area. It would probably be worth a day trip to the southwest Dallas trails -- Big Cedar, Boulder Park, Oak Cliff Nature Preserve and Cedar Hill State Park. Pick a couple of them and get a taste. Those trails aren't crazy far from Burleson, and that region of DFW has the best topography.

Good luck!
    "Plato is my friend, Aristotle is my friend, but my best friend is truth." - Newton

mtbr member
    I live in Crowley and need to find some riding buddies.

There is a small trail called "Coyote Loop" behind the neighborhood Walmart that is a good place for a quick ride after work.

River Legacy, Big Cedar, and Horseshoe at Grapevine are my favorites so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    If you are looking for something close to home, we are putting the finishing touches on the 1.5 mile singletrack over at Chisenhall Fields. Nothing real technical but fun being close to home when you just need to get out. Its at the back of the parking lot just across the lo water crossing bridge then to the right. We are working on a Kiosk. The BARC (Burleson Area Recreational Cyclist" are the stewards of the trail.

The other Trail is over at the Lost Oak Winery. Winding and fast. Great leisure rides on dirt. Lots of wildlife out there.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    A bunch of us used to ride motorcycles all around that area 20+ years ago when there was nothing but vacant fields with dirt bike trails. Since all the new construction, I've often wondered if any of those trails still existed. There was some pretty cool stuff in and out of this creek that ran through. Even had a cool creek jump over a 15-20 foot deep section probably 30 or so feet across. Spent one particular time on the bikes late into the evening with a bottle of Wild Turkey and some Southern Comfort. Could have been a real disaster!

Members who have read this thread: 0