Bryan/College Station riders- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Bryan/College Station riders

Hey y'all. I was wondering if there is anyone who would like to have some company when riding at Lake Bryan or out of town trips some time. I'm young (18) and not the most advanced biker out there (I'm also not terrible), but I can't get better if I don't ride more. I'm used to trails in Western North Carolina (Bent Creek, Pisgah trails, Tsali, etc.) and have yet to hit and good trails here in TX. This is just kind of a wild throw out to anyone that wants someone to ride with! I also drive a car and don't have a bike rack; sorry I don't have a lot to offer!

Big Boy
    I will PM you when I am in CS. I am there about 1 or 2 weekends a month. I came here from washington state so I feel your pain, but the trails here can be just as much fun. lake bryan is a short drive and good length and a pretty fun ride.

newbie 29er
    Jun 2010
    I also ride there often, next time I head up I'll shoot you a PM, be in a few weeks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I appreciate it guys! I've ridden the trails probably 10 times now or so, and they're pretty good for such a short drive. Thanks again!

Big Boy
    I am going to ride lake bryan this saturday morning. Has it been raining there?
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!! :cornut:

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Nice! Yeah it rained yesterday and today some, but it should be dry by the weekend easily!

newbie 29er
    Jun 2010
    Here's a link to bvmba.net, they have a trail status indicator on their website...make sure to check it before you head out. Trails should be dry by Saturday provided we get some nice weather.

http://www.bvmba.net/

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The guys here at BCS bikes usually ride lake Bryan Thursday mornings around 7:30 and the weekends, feel free to call the shop and find out when we are riding (979) 268-8300 ...also check out BVMBA. They have group rides on Tuesday nights I believe... probably no lake Bryan this weekend due to rain

Big Boy
    What happened to the races at lake bryan? I know they used to have some a few years ago. I tried finding them online, but I can only find info on adventure races and trail runs. Anybody know if these still exist or when they are?
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!! :cornut:

newbie 29er
    Jun 2010
    I was just looking for the same thing, there's power pedal signs all over the place out there, but I'm not sure how old they are.

Quote Originally Posted by texasnavy05
    What happened to the races at lake bryan? I know they used to have some a few years ago. I tried finding them online, but I can only find info on adventure races and trail runs. Anybody know if these still exist or when they are?

Members who have read this thread: 0