The Breaks at Bar H- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

The Breaks at Bar H

Has anyone been to the Breaks at Bar H? http://www.barhbreaks.com Planning on going Sunday July 16. Any info you can pass along would be great.

Sep 2005
    hands down the best trail in North Texas, a must ride, just go and enjoy yourself!!!

bon vivant
    Mar 2004
    I rode there last weekend. Absolutely worth the drive and the price. There's lots of different trails to make your own loop, tailored for your fitness/skill level.

Tips:

• get there early - it gets hot.
    • don't annoy the pretty redhead - she owns the joint and will kick your arse.

here's an 8-9 mile route that should do it for you. Start at the place marked "Old House"

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by truman
    I rode there last weekend. Absolutely worth the drive and the price. There's lots of different trails to make your own loop, tailored for your fitness/skill level.

Tips:

get there early - it gets hot.
    don't annoy the pretty redhead - she owns the joint and will kick your arse.

here's an 8-9 mile route that should do it for you. Start at the place marked "Old House"

Nice suggestion...
    If you like climbing, do the whole Devils Backbone, Bureau of Indian Affairs and/or Tough Breaks
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for all the great feedback. Too bad I'm not going to make it. I'm stuck in California w/o my Bike. I'm sooooo upset, I want to ride. Hopefully I'll get to go to the Breaks soon after I make it home.

Feb 2006
    How long of a drive is it from central Dallas to Bar H?

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by TLud
    How long of a drive is it from central Dallas to Bar H?
    less than 1.5 hrs.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member
    I drive from College Station, and its still worth it (over 4 hrs.). Fun trail, plenty of variation, and they put on a heck of a race and trials comp in the spring. Go check it out dude, ya won't be disappointed!

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by rocpyro
    I drive from College Station, and its still worth it (over 4 hrs.). Fun trail, plenty of variation, and they put on a heck of a race and trials comp in the spring. Go check it out dude, ya won't be disappointed!

over 6hrs from San Antonio... and yea, worth the drive.

BTW, there is an endurance race this weekend.

The Smurfboy 6 Hour

aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Feb 2006
    I'm headed up to Dallas this weekend and was thinking this would be a good time to check it out. Anyone know whether the trails will be open to the general public earlier in the day on Saturday (the endurance race is from 5 - 11 pm)?

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by TLud
    I'm headed up to Dallas this weekend and was thinking this would be a good time to check it out. Anyone know whether the trails will be open to the general public earlier in the day on Saturday (the endurance race is from 5 - 11 pm)?
    I don't think you would have a problem.

Stick around, help out during the race. You might even get some New Belgium product....
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Members who have read this thread: 0