Blazing Saddles 6 Hour at Warda- Mtbr.com
    XC racer
    May 2005

Blazing Saddles 6 Hour at Warda

Registration is now up for the second edition of Blazing Saddles, the Afterburn. Six hours at Warda on June 25th, 6PM to Midnight. Solo Men and Women, 2 person teams of each gender, and Open Solo Men for the faster guys. Simple payout formula for prizes.
    Like last year's event, this will be a team fundraiser for the kids of Southern Elite/Sun and Ski Sports/APARD team to help send them to nationals. You've seen them at the races, all proceeds go directly to their program.

http://www.bikereg.com/events/regist...?eventid=13337

mtbr member
    any particular reason it's not listed on the Bluff Creek Ranch site?
    Pedigre

XC racer
    May 2005
    I dunno, Jon's aware of the date.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Looking forward to this; lasy year was fun.

Here's a short vid from last year:

XC racer
    May 2005
    Warda was looking pretty green last year, it would be nice if we get a bit of rain before the race just three weeks away now. I reckon I've made as many or more laps of Bluff Creek as anyone besides the Nolans who live there.
    BTW, that's me flapping my jaws at the beginning of the video. Same crew running things this year.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr

Almost time...

Well we only got half inch precip here in Killeen; understand the ranch got close to 3...

Ought to be perfect. Less than 21 hours til race time.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbscott View Post
    Warda was looking pretty green last year, it would be nice if we get a bit of rain before the race just three weeks away now. I reckon I've made as many or more laps of Bluff Creek as anyone besides the Nolans who live there.
    BTW, that's me flapping my jaws at the beginning of the video. Same crew running things this year.

XC racer
    May 2005
    A good time was had by all I think. The 3" of rain on Wednesday packed everything in pretty good at least to begin with, at least it wasn't the dust bowl that it could have been. We had 102 racers on the 7 1/2 milish course, overall winner was local Pro Tristan Uhl who did 10 laps in 6hrs2mins!
    Got to formally meet ASR and a slew of others, had a great time. My day as race director started around 7 on Saturday and ended at 4AM Sunday when I crawled into bed after driving home after the race and awards ended about 2. This was a fundraiser for our kid's team, and almost half of the prize winners gave their money back at the awards presentation. The kids thank you!

mtbr member
    Scott, I would have loved to attended this, but had another race in New Braunfels the same day. I'll be looking out for the next one.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Hopefully there will be a Cranksgiving at Pacebend this fall. Ugh-last year I entered that 6 hour event and my shock decided to go into "stuck down" mode right from the start Since replaced with an RS Monarch from Push.

Members who have read this thread: 0