Big upcoming sale around Austin for bikes and accesories- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017

Big upcoming sale around Austin for bikes and accesories

Not sure if this is ok to post here, if not please let a mod know or whoever can move it for me!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that this Friday through sometime next week Bicycle Sport Shop's 5 locations are all going to be having their big once a year spring sale. Typically the best time of the year to grab a new bike as all of them will be significantly marked down, especially the close out models. Also a good time to refresh your gear cache as all of the gear is on sale as well.

CXK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Any idea what they typically mark down current year bikes to? I'm really hoping to find my next bike 10-15% off there. I'm driving up from San Antonio to check out the deals, now that I see its more popular than I thought I might need to head up Friday.
    MTB: 2017 Trek Fuel Ex 8 29er
    Road/Fitness: 2017 Trek FX 2
    Past: 2016 Trek Marlin 5

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CXK View Post
    Any idea what they typically mark down current year bikes to? I'm really hoping to find my next bike 10-15% off there. I'm driving up from San Antonio to check out the deals, now that I see its more popular than I thought I might need to head up Friday.
    Yeah they typically range around 10-15% off as far as I can recall. They usually do acceriories at a flat percent off and then the bikes it depends on the bike. You looking to get a fuel ex 8?

CXK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Yea, I know they have my size in stock. Just not sure which location. I've got a little over half saved and just need to sell two of my older bikes and I'll be ready to buy. If the price is right I might just throw the rest on credit and pay it off after I sell off my stuff.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Yea, I know they have my size in stock. Just not sure which location. I've got a little over half saved and just need to sell two of my older bikes and I'll be ready to buy. If the price is right I might just throw the rest on credit and pay it off after I sell off my stuff.
    Nice! I have the same bike and love it to death. Switched from the 16 fuel to this one. Nice thing about Bicycle Sport Shop is that all locations share inventory so if they don't have it at the location that works for you they can get it there by the next day usually.

They also have the specialized financing which can be used on trek which is how I got my first bike from them.

CXK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by drdocta View Post
    Nice! I have the same bike and love it to death. Switched from the 16 fuel to this one. Nice thing about Bicycle Sport Shop is that all locations share inventory so if they don't have it at the location that works for you they can get it there by the next day usually.

They also have the specialized financing which can be used on trek which is how I got my first bike from them.
    Glad to hear you like it! Its probably too much bike for the trails around here but I really enjoyed it and want something I can take on trips to more difficult trails. I've never owned a full suspension before, hell I'm still pretty new to mountain biking. Have you had to take it in for service very often? I'm a little worried about buying it in Austin, its about 60 miles from my house and would prefer to take it back to the place I bought it if something warranty related is wrong with it.

I'm getting off early Friday to go jet skiing (another money sucking hobby I have) but I told my wife we need to head up to Austin right after to make sure someone doesnt swoop in and buy it lol. I wanted to pay cash for it but I can't pass up a discount.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Glad to hear you like it! Its probably too much bike for the trails around here but I really enjoyed it and want something I can take on trips to more difficult trails. I've never owned a full suspension before, hell I'm still pretty new to mountain biking. Have you had to take it in for service very often? I'm a little worried about buying it in Austin, its about 60 miles from my house and would prefer to take it back to the place I bought it if something warranty related is wrong with it.

I'm getting off early Friday to go jet skiing (another money sucking hobby I have) but I told my wife we need to head up to Austin right after to make sure someone doesnt swoop in and buy it lol. I wanted to pay cash for it but I can't pass up a discount.
    Only about 100 miles on it so far but no service needed yet. Converted to tubeless right away and switched to a 1x (I have the 29) with a better dropper lever since the plastic one that comes on is literally begging to be replaced with one of your choosing. I wash it after wet rides or every 25~ miles and I live up the stanchions after each ride. You'll need a shock pump too if you are new to air suspension.

The financing is usually zero interest for x months but you'll get hit with all of the compounded interest afterwards if it's not paid off so make sure that you do. I doubt with how big a vendor they are that they will sale out but if they do they are a trek dealership so they can order one at no additional cost however I'm sure you don't want to make too many 60 mile trips or wait too long to get out and ride.

CXK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Only about 100 miles on it so far but no service needed yet. Converted to tubeless right away and switched to a 1x (I have the 29) with a better dropper lever since the plastic one that comes on is literally begging to be replaced with one of your choosing. I wash it after wet rides or every 25~ miles and I live up the stanchions after each ride. You'll need a shock pump too if you are new to air suspension.

The financing is usually zero interest for x months but you'll get hit with all of the compounded interest afterwards if it's not paid off so make sure that you do. I doubt with how big a vendor they are that they will sale out but if they do they are a trek dealership so they can order one at no additional cost however I'm sure you don't want to make too many 60 mile trips or wait too long to get out and ride.
    Cool. What do you use on the stanchions? I've got a shock pump in the cart on Amazon but if they've got a better deal I'll go for that. Its funny its not just buying the bike, I'll need decent pedals since I'm still using the crap plastic ones that came on my current bike. I also need a thru axle mount for my truck and all that fun stuff.

Yea I grabbed a Trek card brochure and saw "12 months no interest!" Luckily I know their tricks lol. I'll hopefully have it paid off within 2 months. Hopefully I can come back here in a few days and tell you I got the bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Cool. What do you use on the stanchions? I've got a shock pump in the cart on Amazon but if they've got a better deal I'll go for that. Its funny its not just buying the bike, I'll need decent pedals since I'm still using the crap plastic ones that came on my current bike. I also need a thru axle mount for my truck and all that fun stuff.

Yea I grabbed a Trek card brochure and saw "12 months no interest!" Luckily I know their tricks lol. I'll hopefully have it paid off within 2 months. Hopefully I can come back here in a few days and tell you I got the bike.
    I use Honey Slick that I got from BSS as well when I grabbed my bike. Yeah peddles and all that will probably be like 15% off at least as well. You'll definitely want good/decent peddles for this bike.

Yeah let me know how it goes!

Also forgot to mention that if you call Friday morning when they open I bet you can arrange that they have a fuel in your size ready to test when you get there later that day.

CXK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    The deal just got even better! Hopefully they are honoring this also.

Big upcoming sale around Austin for bikes and accesories-screen-shot-2017-04-06-7.46.24-pm.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    The deal just got even better! Hopefully they are honoring this also.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 7.46.24 PM.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	1130424
    They usually are good about honoring any official deals that correspond with any of their suppliers. Not sure though how it will interact with the current sale but it won't hurt to find out!

CXK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    They usually are good about honoring any official deals that correspond with any of their suppliers. Not sure though how it will interact with the current sale but it won't hurt to find out!
    Yea, I figure even if they can't give the 15% off the accessories when using the $200 credit its still a free $200 worth of merchandise.

CXK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Got the bike! I had to drive all the way to the Bee Cave location. They had it for $2899 so about 10%. I also was able to use the $200 in store credit for Bontrager stuff. I had to spend it all at once so I decided to get a new helmet, chamois and a bike computer since I had to finish off the rest of the credit lol. All free though. Can't wait to go for a ride tomorrow!

Included a pretty mediocre photo since its dark.Big upcoming sale around Austin for bikes and accesories-img_3126.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Got the bike! I had to drive all the way to the Bee Cave location. They had it for $2899 so about 10%. I also was able to use the $200 in store credit for Bontrager stuff. I had to spend it all at once so I decided to get a new helmet, chamois and a bike computer since I had to finish off the rest of the credit lol. All free though. Can't wait to go for a ride tomorrow!

Included a pretty mediocre photo since its dark.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3126.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	1130650
    Sick man good to hear! You're going to love that bike for the trails around here. Be sure to get off those plastic flats asap though!

And swing by the fuel ex 2017 forum under the trek sub forum if you have any questions about the bike. The people there have been very helpful with all of my questions so far. Best part of riding a very popular model is so many resources.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Just wanted to point out that this sale is coming up again the 23rd through the 31st if any of you central Texas riders are looking to get the most bang for your buck on a new ride or a new accessory!