Barton Creek Greenbelt- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Barton Creek Greenbelt

Hi all,

Just needed some information if it is better to start the trail at loop 360 or Zilker Park instead? Just in town for the weekend and wanted to ride tomorrow morning (Sunday) and try it out.

Needing directions too from UT area around Dean Keaton (sp?).

Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks!

Apr 2006
    start from the camp craft (i think thats the street) entrance, its an offical entrance, got the map and everything, and it starts off with some awesome downhill (as dh as austin will get anyway)

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    from austinbike.com

Directions:

There are two main places to enter the trail, the first is in Zilker Park. Take MoPac south and exit at RR 2244 (Bee Caves Road). Stay in the left lane and circle under MoPac and head east on Barton Springs Road. The park entrance is about a half mile down Barton Springs Road on your right. The second entrance is on Loop 360. Take MoPac south and follow the exit (left) for Loop 360. Take a left at the first light that you come to and pull into the non-descript office parking lot. Head all the way west to the entrance of the greenbelt. The Loop 360 entrance is less travelled by hikers so it is generally the best place to start. This does cut about 1.5 miles off of the 7 mile main trail.

Oct 2006
    There is also a spyglass entrance. If you turn right on spyglass going Mopac N. and go until you see a bunch of cars parked or a little strip mall sort of place you can jump on there too. Turning left will take you to Zilker Park. Right will take you to the 360 entrance.

Ryan

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Gentlemen,

Found the trails ok but did not spend too much time on the trails (had to head back home). I'm sure i'll be back for some more in the upcoming months. For the meantime, here's a couple of pics from Barton Creek.

Thanks again for all the info!!

mtbr member
    Ha! that's right by my house. Hope you get some more time to explore on your next trip. If you are looking for technical trails, try starting down by 360 entrance, and post up that you are looking for a guide! It's a maze in there.
    Hydrate or Die Trying

Members who have read this thread: 0